2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting really pi$$ed of with the car now. My car conked out, turned out it was the alternator. Mobile mechanic replaced it and belt too but now the frigging PGM-FI has come on. I have read some threads with regards to fuel filter or something or it could be that the battery was drained.

Please help, I can't really spend more money on my car. Its been one thing after another this last 6 months.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes the car runs. I wasn't home when the work was done as I got called in to work Left my neighbour with the guy. I won't be doing that again.
When my alternator failed it drained the battery.

·
i-Vtec
1,581 Posts
If the car runs fine I wouldn't get too upset just yet, sometimes codes can clear themselves after a few restarts. Its may just need hooked up to a code reader and have the code manually reset that way.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If the car runs fine I wouldn't get too upset just yet, sometimes codes can clear themselves after a few restarts. Its may just need hooked up to a code reader and have the code manually reset that way.
Thanks will keep my fingers crossed
Cheers

·
Administrator
17,961 Posts
Odds are with you that it's just a momentary glitch and fingers crossed that you'll just need a few clean starts to remove the PGM-FI error. I've seen it (briefly) after changing the rear brake lights !

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Odds are with you that it's just a momentary glitch and fingers crossed that you'll just need a few clean starts to remove the PGM-FI error. I've seen it (briefly) after changing the rear brake lights !
Is it worth me booting it down the road if it is a fuel filter that might just need clearing out?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Is it worth me booting it down the road if it is a fuel filter that might just need clearing out?

You can’t just take the car for a zip down the lane to clear a filter. Fuel filters are located at the pump in the tank and generally last the life of the car. You aren’t fueling out of portable gas cans so sediment is not a big concern. Buy a tankful of better gas and try that for throttle response. If the car hesitates still, check the codes. You might need an O2 sensor in the exhaust ( either before or after the cat) to clear hesitation in the engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Diesel fuel filter is on the bulkhead just behind the engine and is a service item although as you say, I don't think it will affect this issue.

I had a fault when I had forgotten to plug a sensor back in which disappeared after a few starts, so give that a try as Farqui suggests.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts