2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been fortunate enough to be in the position to purchase a single seater race car but as part of the deal with the mrs the Type R has to go (must agree it costs a fortune in insurance and I hardly use it due to driving a saxo vts most the time) so how much is it worth?

It's a 2007 GT (not sat nav) in NHB with 29000miles and a full service history and lowered 30mm on ABP springs, it's in very good condition inside and out.
I was planning on putting it up for £8000 but willing to accept £7,500, is that to much or just right??

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Best way is to test the market, alot of people are not confident or in a position to buy cars at the moment.

Pistonheads is FREE to advertise on and gets alot of visits. Try popping it on there and see what you get. Just remember what ever price you put on there, the potential buyer is going to try and talk your price down.

·
Living the dream!
8,539 Posts
it seems reasonable to me but my advice is photos tell a thousand words and sell cars so spend a hour or 2 cleaning the car then a hour taking and uploading good decent size photos and the plus side is owners club do not charge you per picture so take more than some people who advertise cars as mint then only have 4 mediocre photos to go with it.

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it seems reasonable to me but my advice is photos tell a thousand words and sell cars so spend a hour or 2 cleaning the car then a hour taking and uploading good decent size photos and the plus side is owners club do not charge you per picture so take more than some people who advertise cars as mint then only have 4 mediocre photos to go with it.

I'm a neat freek so other than the engine bay its super clean and yea loads of close up pictures showing straight panels :D

It's having a full detail as we speak so will put up a proper forsale thread when I get it back, just wanted to make sure I wasn't asking silly money considering the current economy :rolleyes:

·
Henkepenk
1,353 Posts
I can´t believe your prices on the type r haha. Here in sweden the cheapest one costs a little over 10,000 GBP and it´s a regular Type R -07 with over 59 000 miles on it! (I think thats correct, 9 500 swedish miles) :eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts