2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fancy the blue ambient lighting and illuminated sills, but just wondering if its gonna look stupid?

Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it bright? Can I turn it off and
On? Does it stay on when the head lights are on?

·
Type EX,A guy called Mark
3,435 Posts
Yes they stay on when the headlights are on, no they are not to bright, they are led strips from eBay. I have a switch connected in the centre consul where the heated seats switch goes as I don't have them so I can turn them off if I want to.

·
Type R GT Milano GP Kit
2,262 Posts
I've seen them in Marks car they look pretty cool I'm gonna try get some at the end of the month and also fit them to my wifes Celica ;-)

Reactions: pd823

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I inadvertently scuffed the sill on my 2 weeks old 9G (right down to the undercoat - arrgh!). Had the sill resprayed (a very good job) and then got the dealer to install the illuminated sill kit. Front two are illuminated, rears are not. It does not protect the length of the entire sill but enough to prevent accidental scuffing from shoes. The blue is like that of a blue LED (does not show up properly in photos).

·
Registered
616 Posts
Im thinking of just getting aluminium ones non lit door sills.
Ive had different colorf footwell light in all my cars so its a must do :)

Reactions: pd823

·
Pothole Surfer
162 Posts
Had the genuine footlight and illuminated sill kit fitted yesterday, looks the bitches tits now! haha

I'll try and get soe decent shots in the dark when i can.

I had both these kits fitted to my FN2 previously (except in red obviously) and the thing i like most is the subtlety. Unlike the aftermarket kits that are too bright, this one gives a slight blue haze to the footwell which complements the centre console and door pocket LED's.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
The Honda lighted sills are wired to the same circuit as the ignition key illumination ring so they can be brighter / or dim. It is not wired to the courtesy light circuit so switching the light off will not affect it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts