2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently got flashpro and running the group N map. Today I decided to data log which was all very new for me. When analysing the data log I get the hunch I may be running lean although I may just not understand what I'm looking at so I decided to post up here and see what everyone else thinks. I think my AFR is floating about the figures of 13-14-15 the majority of the time even at WOT at high revs it is at 13 which is too lean right? All help will be appreciated thanks. I tried 2 base maps just to compare, the other having a higher VTEC engagement than groupN made by vitviper, this map which kicked in harder and louder on VTEC to my feeling and seems to be running similar AFR? If I am running lean please someone show me how to rich out my engine as I havn't a clue, I'd rather be running pig rich than damaging my motor running so lean. There doesn't seem to be anything worrying in terms of knock though as far as my understanding goes? think the group N got 1 knock in cylinder 2 and 1 in cylinder 4 and the other map got 1 knock only in cylinder 2.....I'm guessing their false readings and none occurred at very high RPM.

Group N map datalog:
group N run.fpdl

Other map to compare:
vitviper base map run.fpdl

My mods: full 2.5'' exhaust with de cat and HKS RSK

All help appreciated thanks guys

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
What makes you say that Stephen?

are you 100% sure? how did you gather this? the CEL has not come on to indicate this, sure it should do if a sensor is playing up?
They don't tend to give errors and are prone to going, but it looks ok to me.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I see, i'm pretty sure I would have noticed something dodgy like awful MPG compared to usual or something of the sort if it's failed? Hmmm I hope it's not dead, they cost so much :'(

Do you think I'm running a little lean by the way or are my readings fairly ideal? Thanks

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
Under normal driving AFR should be about 14.9:1 and WOT should be a bit richer at 12.9:1 ish

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok well in that case I guess i'm running just fine although I wouldn't mind running a little more rich for the sake of some more exhaust popping lol. I found the group N map popped way more than the other map on my exhaust although it doesn't look like it runs any richer? know why this could be? I'm really trying to understand flashpro tuning here so sorry for being so pinochio

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
Ok well in that case I guess i'm running just fine although I wouldn't mind running a little more rich for the sake of some more exhaust popping lol. I found the group N map popped way more than the other map on my exhaust although it doesn't look like it runs any richer? know why this could be? I'm really trying to understand flashpro tuning here so sorry for being so pinochio
You don't want to run too rich as you risk bore wash which could result in a dead engine after so many miles. I had to replace my primary o2 sensor after I got Flashpro only because Vit told me it was dead. I wouldn't have noticed otherwise as I didn't get any lights or warnings whilst driving. Now that I've replaced it, the difference is night and day.

·
Registered
684 Posts
When your running the group N map unmodified on a stock car the AFR slopes downwards towards high 11s.

Yours stays pretty flat all the way thro, so something is definitely up with the O2 sensor or something similar.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
When your running the group N map unmodified on a stock car the AFR slopes downwards towards high 11s.

Yours stays pretty flat all the way thro, so something is definitely up with the O2 sensor or something similar.
AFR should slope down to high 11 ' s when? WOT? My car is not stock btw

·
Registered
684 Posts
AFR should slope down to high 11 ' s when? WOT? My car is not stock btw
Yes on WOT. If you have lots of mods like race headers and decent intakes then the value will get a bit leaner.

On part throttle the car will always try to run a 14.7 AFR using fuel trimming when required.

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
If you've got any more than minor breathing mods you shouldn't be using the GpN map long term, especially when you're talking race headers and intake mods. The GpN map is a bit rich, yes, but not enough to be safe with the large increase in mid-rpm airflow a header gives for example.

I'd say induction kit and cat-back would be fine. Much more than that and you should be getting a custom map.

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts

His AFR plot is dead flat, it's never like that and impossible to map that accurate even on purpose. That's the first give away, the second is just a quick relation to that AFR versus the Duty.

Definitely dead.

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
Ah I see, cheers fella

At 6+yo it would be surprising if it were ok TBH, but I mis-took the smoothness as good.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hmmm rather shocked by a failing o2 sensor car runs pretty smooth and the same since the day I bought it over a year ago also mpg is more than decent and hadn't really changed at any point in time. Recently did Manchester and back, 400 miles and 40mpg. Will probably take it in for a look at the garage soon

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
Mine was dead on my car when I got it (at 3yo) and I only found out when had my first custom tune. Some peeps who have had their FN2's a while have been through several.

Tegiwa do them for £250 IIRC

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
It's good on fuel because it's not getting enough lol . Plus the fuel calculation will be shot to **** as it is calculated off the duty pulse width .

I am on my original 07 plate but I have one coming from the states as it is showing early signs of being silly .

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mine was dead on my car when I got it (at 3yo) and I only found out when had my first custom tune. Some peeps who have had their FN2's a while have been through several.

Tegiwa do them for £250 IIRC
Ouch. I could have sworn someone on here called pouya something found it selling online from somewhere in Europe for £50? Think it was an old old thread though I remember seeing

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
Big thread on here. The one from rockauto in the states works fine and is OEM for a fraction of the cost.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts