2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess I will get it in the neck for this, but -
I get fed up with reading 'smart remarks' type posts in answer to what was presumably meant as a serious question / comment / request.
This often has the effect of the original post's intent being 'lost' and taken over by, what is at times, inane drivel! I'm sure others do not bother to post replies when they see how the post has developed.
Could there be a way of moving such ramblings to a new section - 'Rambling Sid Rumpoles Reveries'?
Sorry guys![smilie=grrrrrr.gif]

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
That's right Tony. When a topic gets taken over by general and obscure chit chat I give up and leave....so you are not the only one.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
I agree my friends, i was following a post the other night, Ended off being a two way conversation ended off with about 30 replies to each other, nothing to do with the thread, If members want to chat i think PMs should be the order of the day, or join chat clubs for idle chit chat.

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
I apologise.

I bunged the whole Yaris thread into off-topic, on the basis that those chit-chats are absolutely fine there.

Clearly there are more, I shall go hunting now. If you see any, please do use the "report post" icon and just say "off topic" or whatever. This will get me right on the case. It is clearly flagged to me by a new topic in a hidden forum, with all the links ready for me to do the post moving tricks.

I'll get started!

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
I agree my friends, i was following a post the other night, Ended off being a two way conversation ended off with about 30 replies to each other, nothing to do with the thread, If members want to chat i think PMs should be the order of the day, or join chat clubs for idle chit chat.

Er I think you will find that was in off topic !!

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
God how dull to never be allowed to make the occasional witty remark or have a little banter, it is very rare for threads to go completely off topic.

Perhaps we should have a forum rule "no one allowed to make witty remarks or display a sense of humour" :rolleyes:

·
Rusty Nut!
611 Posts
Off topic moments are part of forum life, you cant expect people to not go off on a tangent sometimes that would make it very boring if everyone had to stick to rules so tightly. I think it gives the forum a more friendly atmosphere to have a bit of light banter in between posts.

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Off topic moments are part of forum life, you cant expect people to not go off on a tangent sometimes that would make it very boring if everyone had to stick to rules so tightly. I think it gives the forum a more friendly atmosphere to have a bit of light banter in between posts.

Well said Obo ;)

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
i partly agree with both views but there has been some threads recently which i think have got out of hand and started to spoil the good things that have been happening with civinfo.

·
Captain Slog
162 Posts
one of the reasons I like to view this forum is because of the witty-isms and thinking at a tangent - what a boring place this would be if we all just logged in to check the best tread pattern on the latest Goodyear!

Pottsy, TC, CP, CC, BG, CH, et all please keep up your banter!

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
To clarify:

Banter and humour is great. The occasional small diversion is good too. Anything goes, in the off-topic section.

But when a thread turns from a useful thread into a total diversion, then the diversion will be pruned off.

I particularly like it when people realise they have waffled to much and report their own posts.... :)

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts
Well said Obo ;)
As TC said obo Well Said!!

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts
No, I meant on topic!

Pretty much report everything that comes out of Brodick as well ;)
you cheeky little :mad:

right where is that stena line timetable

Run CZ run while the going is good [smilie=giggle.gif] [smilie=giggle.gif]

1 - 20 of 28 Posts