2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Just wanted to say how impressed I was this weekend with the Civic.

We had to pick my parents up from their cruise, so had a 500 mile drive from Donny to Bournemouth, then over to Southampton and back to Doncaster on ONE tank of fuel. Fuel light came on about 5 miles from home. Display was showing an avg MPG of 53.

Surprisingly, from Southampton the Civic had 4 adults, 2 huge cases, 2 x large hand luggage bags, a suit carrier (full) and 5 other overnight bags, but the civic wasn't fazed! effortlessly drove back at 70, without a problem! :)

Cheers,
Mike

·
Registered
319 Posts
Thats pretty damn good! Very impressed, if only I could say the same for my CTR lol. 150 pounds of fuel for 600 miles :-/ this weekend.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hi all,
Just wanted to say how impressed I was this weekend with the Civic.

We had to pick my parents up from their cruise, so had a 500 mile drive from Donny to Bournemouth, then over to Southampton and back to Doncaster on ONE tank of fuel. Fuel light came on about 5 miles from home. Display was showing an avg MPG of 53.

Surprisingly, from Southampton the Civic had 4 adults, 2 huge cases, 2 x large hand luggage bags, a suit carrier (full) and 5 other overnight bags, but the civic wasn't fazed! effortlessly drove back at 70, without a problem! :)

Cheers,
Mike
power and economy-no brainer with these fuel prices :D

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
That's really good. I've been getting over 50mpg on steady runs recently, now weather is warmer and car fully run in - fast approaching 40,000 miles - and serviced last month too.

You've been making the most of the luggage space too. I looked in a Lexus CT200h the other day (a Prius with bells on) and the boot is very shallow. It's half full of batteries, though there is an under-floor space like our Civics.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts