2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've covered just over 2000 miles since I've purchased the car and I'm amazed at the economy from it considering it's a 1.8 petrol Auto .

Went on a run along the M1 to Silverstone ( approx 60 miles ) and with all the roadworks etc ( 50mph zones etc ) I got 58MPG !!! Above book value.
I'm constantly getting between 50-56 mpg on a motorway run at 68-70mph.
Around town with a few A-roads thrown in ( Kind of mixed urban )I seem to be getting 34-38mpg depending on how heavy the traffic is.
With this being an Auto I was not expecting to much economy wise but these newer breed of petrol engines seem so frugal. I'm loving it.
This is all with the Eco button on.
I'm going to try and turn the eco button off next week when I'm on another long run and around town to see how much difference it makes.
Anyone else done a back to back Eco button Vs normal ? What were your results ? I've heard that it does not make a huge difference and then also read that it does. Talk about confusing :surprise:

Right, back to work.
Have a great day peeps.

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
I'll have to get one of those. Our 8gen. auto does the low 40's on the motorway and approx 27 'round town (more, mixed driving) Still very happy with the car 5 years on !

·
Registered
31 Posts
Wow, I have the manual and the best I've had is 58mpg and I drive conservatively. I find the eco button doesn't make any difference if you know how to drive economically in the first place, it basically limits throttle to stop you from flooring it and wasting fuel.

I tend to cruise around 60mph too, maybe I'll have a test week and start driving at ~70 to see what results I get.

·
I Hate tailgaters!
1,395 Posts

Road Trip if you have a iPhone. All manual calculations usually for me click to click.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts