2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would share this with you all -

Was on Go Compare. Typed in my details - 23yrs old, 4 yrs NCB, good postcode, Garaged, no commuting just social, no accidents or convictions.

Churchill - £669!! HOW BLOODY GOOD IS THAT

For once in my life I can pay my insurance up all in one and not have to go withe expensive monthly bills.

However....the compulsary excess is £650! So looking at the next cheapest between £800 and £900 where excess is down to £250...May be worth going with the lower excess. Depends how much of a Gambler i am I suppose. But always prepare for the "What If?"

Anyhoooo, thought I would share as im young. Also this is my 3rd year with the R. First car was a 1 litre Nissan Micra 4 years ago, that cost £1100. How I love building NCB :)

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
That's very good buddy. My last years insurance 23 years old and 6 years NCB was £750 but I've got commuting and business use and 20,000 miles a year :rolleyes:

I'll have to give Churchill a look when I'm up for renewal in a few months ;)

·
Premium Member
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Another amazing quote -

Looking at the 2011 Scooby saloon STi -

Fully comp with same details - £860

·
Premium Member
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's very good buddy. My last years insurance 23 years old and 6 years NCB was £750 but I've got commuting and business use and 20,000 miles a year :rolleyes:

I'll have to give Churchill a look when I'm up for renewal in a few months ;)
Bloody hell thats good :) considering the mileage and commuting!
Who is that with?

·
Premium Member
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah good stuff, i did see a quote from Privelage. Was only £100 more than Churchill so nice and competitive.

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
Mine's £1000 for a CW, 22 years old, 2 years NCB, 2 claims in past 3 years. £150 comulsary excess, £250 volentary.

Pretty good considering :D

Claims will be over 3 years old next year so should drop fairly considerably as well :p

·
Premium Member
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine's £1000 for a CW, 22 years old, 2 years NCB, 2 claims in past 3 years. £150 comulsary excess, £250 volentary.

Pretty good considering :D

Claims will be over 3 years old next year so should drop fairly considerably as well :p
That is very very good considering :D Next year will be better still

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
Really just comes down to where you live at the end of the day.

Thetford's well known for being pretty rough but it can't be that bad with a premium like that :D

Sent from my Sony Xperia S using Tapatalk

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
Me 21 with my CTS i would of owned nearly a year come renewal license 4 years 4 years NCB and priveledge want £2000

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
I have changed my mind about Privilege and am going to say they are pants unless you're over 25 :(

I've just phoned them up to amend my policy for my mods etc... and their answer was that they will not insure anyone under 25 with modifications :facepalm: useless.

So onto confused.com and entered all my mods etc... and got a new quote of £720.00 with my girlfriend on the policy as an additional driver (it was £200 more without her on it :confused: )

Admiral was the winner if anyone is interested ;)

·
Reasonable Tenor voice
617 Posts
One advantage with being old and living in the back of no where. £250 fully comp 3 NCB £250 excess 15000 plus business miles. That was with admiral

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
Im with admiral now on my cts with some oldies on it for £900 for 10 months (car was bought during policy) next year will go down to £750-£800 admiral are good!

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
Im with admiral now on my cts with some oldies on it for £900 for 10 months (car was bought during policy) next year will go down to £750-£800 admiral are good!
+1

I've been with Admiral for the past 3 years. Always been the cheapest for me.

·
This may be spam
1,504 Posts
Nat you know churchill will void you for any mods don't you, same as direct line.

My renewal 23 6y ncb is looking at ~£800 in a central london postcode

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
Nat you know churchill will void you for any mods don't you, same as direct line.

My renewal 23 6y ncb is looking at ~£800 in a central london postcode
churchill when i was 17 (1 years ncb on a bike) insane excess (car was worth £200) policy came to 1500 which was cheap when i switched to astra few months later paid 100 quid more (car was £1000)

Now 4 years driving 4 years ncb no accidents etc (touch wood) and with low risk others on my policy its over £2000 its crazy!

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
Im 23 and paying £590 with Admiral with 4 years NCB and an excess of £500.
Adding my parents made quite a difference in lowering the price.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts