2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I-Vtec... Do you?
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all as you can see from my other thread " complete speaker upgrade" I have now upgraded my cars speakers the quality as changed a lot but I just want a bit more bass so I'm going to install a amp I'm going to try install behind head unit so I can cut into wires behind unit to save mess and time
Any ideas what amp to get I need an amp to pump roughly 150w per speaker I think? Check my thread for the speakers I've used also would the standard wiring be ok?

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Hi all as you can see from my other thread " complete speaker upgrade" I have now upgraded my cars speakers the quality as changed a lot but I just want a bit more bass so I'm going to install an amp. I'm going to try install behind head unit so I can cut into wires behind unit to save mess and time. Any ideas what amp to get I need an amp to pump roughly 150w per speaker I think? Check my thread for the speakers I've used also would the standard wiring be ok?
There's a compact (KT-445 ?) Amp that fits behind the central dash, under the A\C unit, on top of the 'tunnel' - seemingly virtually tailor made for the job - seems that anywhere else is too small or very difficult ...

You still need to cut the existing HU wiring loom, and "chop" a new 'Parrot' connection loom etc., but it's otherwise plug and play - existing speaker cables are just fine 'as-is' ...

It's even possible to fit "mini-Subs" somewhere - someone in here was huntng for something suitable for a 'hidden custom install' - e.g. in the sides of the car, not using boot or floor space at all, and the sub controls (inc. on \ off) set in the centre dash - you'd then have a complete 'stealth" upgrade ...

It certainly appeals to me ! - in fact, this may very likely be Project 1213 for me (Project 1212 is my forthcoming "Modathon") ...

Reactions: Dwyer9

·
I-Vtec... Do you?
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mate! that is a great response yh I wouldn't mind a stealth sub upgrade but I think for now I'll just get the amp fitted, is there a how to or info on what wires to connect everything up to?
Thanks

·
Race Taxi Pilot
1,558 Posts
Frod I just checked out your posts is this the right parrot lead? ISO-SOT-908-k for Parrot Honda | eBay
I think ild rather make the loom up then it's a not so bad job to do I just have no faith in myself it all looks so complex
Where's the best place to buy the amp?
Thanks for help mate
It looks like the right one to me, if my memory serves me!

Its not too hard, if you take your time and follow the wiring carefully. Double and triple check your Parrot harness modifications and of course your amp ones too.

As for where to purchase, new items can be had for £100-£130 on the online. I was very lucky to snap a used item up on fleabay for half that price and the do come up, every now and then.

One thing to note is, if you buy a new KTP-445, you will immediately void your warranty by cutting and splicing the wires as shown in the guide. Thats partly why I took the used route. :D

Best of luck! :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
The Alpine power pack amp that your looking at has had some good reviews. You won't have to cut into any looms if you get the correct harnesses. The SOT 908 harness has ISO plugs for speaker connections so a couple of Alpine to ISO leads should do fine, one will need a plug and the other a socket.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.