2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all thanks to Roger Harris for the Door Trim Guide and to Pottsy for the dashbord and pics of the rear of the sterio

I intend to upgrade the speakers and would like to add an amp so i can boost and fine tune the sound

The plan is to cut the speaker cables and send the output to the boot for an amp and then bring it back to the cut to go to the doors.

The problem is that i don't really want to remove all the dash to access the speaker cables and i was wondering if anyone knew the route they take to get to the speakers?

The other added bonus to this plan is that if i still want a sub after this i can just split the cables that are now in the boot and feed them into another amp!

Sorry about the length.

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Malk said:
Sorry about the length.
I have to say this all the time.

So far as the speaker wires are concerned, I'd go for the lazy option and just go into the door and start by poking looking at the colours that go into the tube, try and get to the car-side of the tube and split them there. Not had a look at it, but I'd guess it would be just one bit of trim to get to the car end of the tube.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pottsy said:
Malk said:
try and get to the car-side of the tube and split them there.
Thats my backup plan, i was hopeing to catch them all in one place, just to make it neeter.

My other question was about the little white poppers on the door pannels, my last car was a peugeot 206 and i had to buy a whole new set from the deeler because all the origionals snapped when i took them out!
Was it the same on the Civic?

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
I only broke one in 2 doors, so I didn't bother. Might be worth getting a handful before you start, to do the perfect job though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like good advice.
Ill make sure to take loads of pics when i do it, it might be a couple of weeks yet tho.

I can't bring myself to dismantle a 3 day old car!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it is very tempting but i think i need to get used to the car a bit more first, i am still descovering new things!

·
Registered
7 Posts
:oops: Hmm - Little white poppers...

I may be the proud owner of a new set of Infinity Kappa component speakers in the front, but I currently have a rather flappy passenger side door, where no less than six poppers separated themselves from the panel and remain firmly imbedded in the door frame :cry: Strongly suggest you heed Pottsy's words of wisdom! - Good luck. I managed to wait three weeks before ripping my pride and joy apart...

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
They will pull out with a good tug and then you can re-attach them to the door panel. :)

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
WoolyCiv said:
They will pull out with a good tug and then you can re-attach them to the door panel. :)
Get a nice big flat headed screwdriver underneath them and *pop*

1 - 10 of 10 Posts