2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For people thats installed a sub and amp, what sub and amp combo would work best? After getting my install done last week ive realised im needing them (seems to be lacking bass). Never bought a sub or an amp before but thinking an underseat sub as i want bass but nothing extreme and a 4 channel amp to amp my front speakers along with the Sub.

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
Under seat subs are usually active so you wont need to power the sub from the amp it will have a trim setting & it will need it's own power supply.

If you think you will ever want to go more bass then it's worth considering just installing a sub in the boot, then you will have all the wiring already in place for upgrades.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
if you are going down the full amp and sub combo for the bottom drop me a pm i have a few sub and amp combos that can work well for you.

·
Registered
283 Posts
the sky's the limit on these but the rear spare wheel space is very handy for this.
like this - single 12'' in this case JL12w6 with audison 4.1k

http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu67/wellhouse0/P1000117.jpg

or this - 2 x 10'' in this case 2 x JL10w3 with JL1000 amp

http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu67/wellhouse0/018.jpg

but really depends what you're trying to achieve. I tend to go for the false floor for the stealth and useable boot space, i'd avoid underseat as the rear seat folds flat to the floor on fn2's

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
I prefer to go the seperate route I'm running a Hifonics nemesis (750watts monoblock) a 1.2 fahrad powercap and an L7 Solobaric 15 inch kicker sub. serious force otput :) But it is like 8 stone in total and requires a split 4 way distribution block on 4awg cable.... so it's a bit of a pain as an install :) You'll do fine with a decent underseat active sub :) There are several members who've fitted them under the rear seat quite nicely :)

·
I-Vtec... Do you?
1,731 Posts
I've been advised not to get a sub due to the poor head units output? Ild be interested on a bit more info on where to wire up from as a input to sub and also and sup amp combos or recommendations for under seat subs?
Thanks

·
The Guru
4,207 Posts
I've got the standard H/U and I'm running a Hertz 4ch amp & Hertz 12in sub in the boot. That works really well for me

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.