2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Unofficial Trader
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Evening all,

I have a JBL amplifier http://uk.jbl.com/jbl-product-detail-uk/gto752e-.html as shown in the pictures below which is now currently connected to my sub-woofer (picture 4 output). I am about to upgrade my front speakers and I plan to amplify the speakers shown in this link In Phase XTC601 6.5 inch 240W Components speakers 16.5 cm Reviews.

The present source (picture 3) into the amplifier is from the back of the double din (marked sub-woofer at the back of the doubled-din). Should I leave this the way it is and run the new speakers to the output (picture 4)? Or is there another way I can amplify the new speakers from the set up I already have?

Thanks all in advance.
Regards,
M

Attachments

·
Race Taxi Pilot
1,558 Posts
At first glance, It seems you can connect another amp from the signal from the AUX OUT of the sub amp. At least judging by the link you posted.

I'd have thought the manual should explain this?

·
Unofficial Trader
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
At first glance, It seems you can connect another amp from the signal from the AUX OUT of the sub amp. At least judging by the link you posted.

I'd have thought the manual should explain this?
Thanks mate....only problem is I don't have another amp..:(....would need to make do with what I have for now...

·
Race Taxi Pilot
1,558 Posts
If that JBL link is your amp, then no, you can't expect run a sub and those front components off a 2-channel amp.

It is meant for a pair of stereo units (eg front components), or a single mono bridged driver. (eg a sub)

Either one or the other, or get another amp, I would have thought.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.