2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 707 Posts

·
#darkside
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

As some of you may already know from my many threads wanting bits and others buying bits I have decided to do as most of you do here and mod the car a little (read maybe a fair bit in time).

I have my 2007 Milano CTR GT and I think its brilliant :)

So far I have done a few bits here and there and as such will get the required pics up (she needs a clean haha so it can wait).

Anyway, so far...

Full service and a change to 5w40. Its going to see vtec a fair bit so its only fair right? :)

Mods
- Tegiwa Air induction kit + cold air feed and red silicon hoses.
I figured it would be less intrusive, its essentially a Mugen replica and Mugen know what they are doing so figured it was the best bet. Certainly more poke in the mid range as a result and a nice note when on vtec. - £485

- GP front splitter.
Looks nicer than the stock splitter in my opinion and is masses cheaper than the Mugen. Saving the pennies and all ;) - £220

- Hondata FlashPro.
Installed the Group N map to get me going, totally transformed the car! Why didn't Honda ship the car like this? Faster, more responsive, better fuel economy (just) and more fun. Fantastic mod and well worth the money - £435

- Milltek Non Res.
Installed this recently, love the exhaust note, not intrusive when at 70mph on the motorway but sings when getting a little hammer. Added the biggest smile to my face so far just because of the noise. Very happy with the performance and a certain boost over stock. - £300

- Black wing mirrors.
Thought these looked cool, have a crack in my stock passenger side so needed new ones, as they were coming off I didnt see the harm. - £40

- Mugen Wing
Not on the car yet but when it is I will be grinning like a cheshire cat thats for sure! Ive seen a few M200s and CW FN2s with them on. They look mint so why the hell not :D - £lots (not painted or fitted yet so will update soon)

- Blue Mugen Oil filler Cap.
Looks pretty, I should have been a magpie :p - £40ish second hand.

- Yellow tint fog protectors.
Look like they suit the Milano FN2 and as its coming up for winter I thought it best to protect. Plenty of grit gets thrown on the roads so better safe than sorry I guess. - £15

- FRS
So much more precise after having this done. Even with 4 unique ditch finders for tyres I have far more grip than stock. Well worth the mod - £200ish (cant remember how much in total as I had it done with a service)

- Team hekos
Why not eh! Look cool at the end of the day even if they dont benefit me :D - £20

Now, there are many things I will end up doing such as swapping the alloys out to ROTA GR6 in Bronze or perhaps having my stock alloys powder coated in Bronze or Black. If thats the case I will need 15mm Spacers front and back and when you factor that in your only £150 short of new alloys.... Tough call. Im also looking to get the car dropped 15-30mm. Which I do yet am yet to decide. The current ride is harsh and tiresome at times, I have read that the Eibach springs improve ride quality so its a case of 2 birds and one stone getting these done. Lower and better for the bum :D

What else should I do do you think? Whats your thoughts? I dont really like spending any more than £500 at a time and will only do this every so often, perhaps 10-12weeks.

A full set of pictures will appear on here over the course of the next few weeks as I go into a little more detail with each and every little mod.

Thanks for reading, thoughts and comments certainly appreciated :)

Andy

Reactions: Type Dez

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Race manifold should be your next step and the biggest gains outside charging then intake manifold and throttle body. or just buy rotrex/ jrsc or tdi turbo

·
#darkside
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Issue is turbo etc is rather expensive however everything else soon adds up...

Whats the average turbo conversion cost these days anyway?

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Thats a Nice Growing list :D

·
#darkside
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Race manifold should be your next step and the biggest gains outside charging then intake manifold and throttle body. or just buy rotrex/ jrsc or tdi turbo
Race manifold is probably the most logical, along with a 72mm TB.. Other than that I think theres not all too much else I can do without charging.

£750ish to go then it would seem :)

6k.... :eek:

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
Christ..

NA for the win it would seem! 6k is deposit money, I cant cover that up if £50 withdrawals here and there from the misses :popcorn2:

Thats a Nice Growing list :D
Thanks mate :cool:

Pics coming soon I promise [smilie=grinz.gif]

·
#darkside
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I forgot the most important mod...

civinfo.com sticker :cool:

·
#darkside
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Uploading a few pics now :)

Enjoying it so far :D

·
#darkside
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Right, from start to so far...

The starting car :)

A nice GP kit front splitter to start things off...

Next up was an Tegiwa intake kit, hoses, cold air feed, the Hondata FlashPro and a milltek catback (no image on flashpro, its a box :p or exhaust).

And finally as of today, black wing mirrors and mugen wing :) Some Team Hekos on there too to finish that bit of the car off.

All thats next is the mugen rear splitter, a 15 or 30mm drop and some ROTA GR6 alloys in bronze. Already got a mugen oil cap in blue (Im a magpie) and some yellow fog protectors.

Once I have those done Ill get a racing manifold installed and call it a day :)

And yes... the car needs a wash, polish and a wax and that will get done next weekend along with a few more photos.

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
looks smart

·
Mr Miyagi
2,928 Posts
Looks good mate :) where about in Nottingham are you? il keep a look out for you and give you a wave (i drive a silver skyline now)

·
#darkside
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks guys! Yea, I'll need a custom map and maybe with it ill look into Rotex... Who knows :p

Looks good mate :) where about in Nottingham are you? il keep a look out for you and give you a wave (i drive a silver skyline now)
Cheers mate, I pass by Clifford campus, notts ring road and off up to Newark.

I'm over in stoke area with work most of the time though. How is the skyline? Which one? R33 GTR V-Spec is my childhood dream car, if you have one or even a modded GTS-T let's have a goose ;)

Cheers!

·
Mr Miyagi
2,928 Posts
Thanks guys! Yea, I'll need a custom map and maybe with it ill look into Rotex... Who knows :p

Cheers mate, I pass by Clifford campus, notts ring road and off up to Newark.

I'm over in stoke area with work most of the time though. How is the skyline? Which one? R33 GTR V-Spec is my childhood dream car, if you have one or even a modded GTS-T let's have a goose ;)

Cheers!
Maybe we will pass at some point then haha.

The Skyline is beautiful :D love it to bits even more with the Traction control off ;)

Its an R34GTT single turbo RWD. It was a toss up between the R34GTT and the R32GTR but went on the 34's looks in the end.

If you still want a look just drop me a pm id be happy to meet up with you :)

·
#darkside
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Maybe we will pass at some point then haha.

The Skyline is beautiful :D love it to bits even more with the Traction control off ;)

Its an R34GTT single turbo RWD. It was a toss up between the R34GTT and the R32GTR but went on the 34's looks in the end.

If you still want a look just drop me a pm id be happy to meet up with you :)
Hello mate

Would love a look over it, childhood dream car along with the NSX and Supra Twin Turbo :cool:

Anyway...

More trinkets :D

Blue.. lovely blue :) Tegiwa bolt dress up kit now is a must to match it.

1 - 20 of 707 Posts