2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is an afternoons work....tried some new techniques including washing the collinite 'off'..... worked well, then finishing with a touch of QD, seemed to work well.

This is how your NHB should look: (forgive the crap quality of the photo's, taken on my phone):

Attachments

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For some reason I decided to star today early and so it went like this (nowe follow along at home if you wish boys and girls.... LOL):

Washed the car off (jet washed everything);
Then sprayed wheels and front of car....,
Then washed off again with JW,
Then washed the car with BH auto wash,
Then jet washed again,
Then clayed the entire car using BH clay and AW,
Then jet washed it clean again,
Then let it dry naturally,
Then did underneath, lying on a bin bag I cleaned underneath with a brush and some engine cleaner and applied some alloy seal to the underside,
Then dusted her over, applied some QD,
Then waxed all over 2X with collinite,
Then used a damp cloth after about 1.5 hours to remove the collinite down to a mild film....
Then I used a microfibre to remove the film to a haze,
Then used another MF to buff up,
Then used QD to finish the car,
Then did the wheel trim, windows (collinite works well on the rears to get them shiny), and glass,
Then did the engine bay, full weekly 'service' check (all fluids etc.) then polished everything and used compressed air to dust all components before coating with cleaner, and tightening everything back up,
Before standing back to admire..................................phew.....

When I've finished my diss' I'll give it a proper detail :) Anyone like a How to LOL ;-)

Tom

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Got to admit that looks good, but it would not be what I would call enjoyment

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got to admit that looks good, but it would not be what In would call enjoyment
Really, you get an immence sense of satisfaction. :)

Tom

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Now thats a great way to spend a Saturday Afternoon, saves going shopping with her indoors.Looking good

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Love Blades on NHB....Looks gorgeous mate....

I wonder how blades would look on my Bronze Type R......hmmmm:confused:
Thanks....Almost exactly like they do on mine, the bronze (depending upon batch) is almost identical to NHB, unless you get it in direct light and up close.

Go for it, they look ace (best wheels for dark cars.... storms just look too bright for us dark owners...). ;-)

Tom

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now thats a great way to spend a Saturday Afternoon, saves going shopping with her indoors.Looking good
Thanks, definately beats shopping...... :)

Tom

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Thanks....Almost exactly like they do on mine, the bronze (depending upon batch) is almost identical to NHB, unless you get it in direct light and up close.

Go for it, they look ace (best wheels for dark cars.... storms just look too bright for us dark owners...). ;-)

Tom
Yep, I know what you're saying about the Bronze - when I get mine REALLY gleeming, it can look quite different, but if there's just ONE cloud in the sky, it looks black to me....

It still don't stop the boys at work keep taking the p**s by saying I've bought a 'BROWN' car!!!

I had storms on my first Civic....they were lovely....I'd love to be able to afford Rage's, but they are big money ain't they!?....Blades may be a happy medium....

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmm, just be careful people don't think you've tarted up an S.

Tom

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks and.....Nope, I'll be at the window with my rifle waiting for the seagulls to hove into view ;-)

Tom

·
Administrator
19,185 Posts
Tom you are always welcome to stay in my place here in Poland if you can make my car look like yours :smile:

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'll give it a go if you like :)

Maybe I should do a Wikipedia page How-to next time?? :lol:

Tom

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Seeing as I've had a couple of PM's asking for lessons :) I don't do anything odd, just decent prep and decent materials, that makes all the difference.

Tom

·
Registered
25 Posts
Awesome job! If I had the time I'd love to be able to give the car that much time and attention. My little 2 1/2 year old sees to the lack of time!

Anyway, even with it pitch black outside those pics have got me itching to start filling up my bucket.... ;)

Actually; maybe thats what I should do. Get some good outdoor lights and do the car overnight. :D

·
Jayne here too!!
676 Posts
Ive just had ta search for my sunglasses as the glare from that shine was so immense - lol!!!

Great job!!!

Jayne :p

Reactions: Unknownsoldier
1 - 20 of 46 Posts