2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I got this done yesterday.

Dennis from alarms4u arrived and did the install in my work carpark- took him 35 minutes! Well pleased with the results.

Dennis is a mobile fitter and advised that he goes all over the country and would do discounts for the forum- maybe something for the appropriate mod to sort...?

Cost me £85.00 to get fitted- I was quoted £160.00 by a local auto electrician.

I will post pictures if anyone is interested and will once again comment- I have nothing to do with either website or alarms4u! I feel I got a great job at a very good price and feel it should be shared.

The contact details if anyone wants an install on any kit (bought from where you choose!) is [email protected] or 07980221525.

*Mods if I am out of order here please let me know* :cool:

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Hi Ben GT

In your first post you mention £140 but in the 2nd you mention £85 fitted. Which one was it :popcorn:

If it was the second then that certainly seems a great deal.

Upload some pics of the bleeper if you can and the little sensors, would be good to see the quality of work done.

Message for Mods..... Discounts are always good :D

i look forward to the piccies :popcorn2:

·
Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hi Ben GT

In your first post you mention £140 but in the 2nd you mention £85 fitted. Which one was it :popcorn:

If it was the second then that certainly seems a great deal.

Upload some pics of the bleeper if you can and the little sensors, would be good to see the quality of work done.

Message for Mods..... Discounts are always good :D

i look forward to the piccies :popcorn2:
Oh sorry! To clarify i paid £140.00 total- the £85.00 was for the mobile fitting and £55 for the sensors. The sensors i got were dolphin ones that have one auto express awards and come colour coded so think they were worth the money

Obviously though you can pick up sensors for £20.00 at maplin and hopefully with some sorted discount people can have the whole package for less than £100.00!
I will get some pics later and upload them tonight

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
what sensors did you choose. Where did he position the beeper and how intrusive is it? Ive read a few complaints about Honda positioning the beepy thingy in really bad places or it being far too loud :whistle:
Is he the same fitter as they advertise on the site also?

·
Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went for the dolpin dps400 in black for my NHB.

I have no idea where the beeper is! I will take a photo tonight when i find it. The beep is quite loud- not sure if there is a volume button but i dont find it 'intrusive' just reassuring!

·
Bye Bye Type R
1,198 Posts
what sensors did you choose. Where did he position the beeper and how intrusive is it? Ive read a few complaints about Honda positioning the beepy thingy in really bad places or it being far too loud :whistle:
Is he the same fitter as they advertise on the site also?
No problems here with my factory fitted ones, better to be too loud than too quiet

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
I went for the dolpin dps400 in black for my NHB.

I have no idea where the beeper is! I will take a photo tonight when i find it. The beep is quite loud- not sure if there is a volume button but i dont find it 'intrusive' just reassuring!
You got piccies yet :popcorn: and where is the bleeper located :D

·
Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think its in the boot. Stuck on the wall on the right

here are the pics- they were taken on my phone so apologies for quality!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Nice Job, looks like i might be getting myself a set. Have you tested them out? How accurate are they?
Ive never had parking sensors before so Im quite excited lol

·
Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah very good.

Not had chance to use them properly yet but if you go to the website at the top there are links to the auto express review where they won the test

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Parkingsensors UK

I have used parkingsensors UK.
It is an excellent product, but the fitting was not perfect.

The beeper was fitted under the rear seat which ment that the cable could stretch when the seat was folded.
I detached the beeper and fitted it below the rear seat. It is fitted with double sided sticky tape.

The sensors are a bit tempremental and some times tend to beep when there is no obstruction. I think one of them is picking up the kerb.

I need to contact Parkingsensors UK when I get round to it.

·
Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mine beep too randomly. I presume it picks up random things! Fitting was ace...still haven't found the beeper!

·
Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So would you still recommend ? I am very interested in these (mainly because I can't park properly :p)
I feel better having got them but as per many threads you use them as an aid and dont rely solely on them.

They are great for bollards and things that you wouldn't otherwise be able to see...and work out cheaper then having a dent fixed!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've just had some steel mate ones fitted on my 57 2.2 EX in Royal Blue Pearl. The company was called Pro Park UK, and the chap that did the work was called Curt. Price was £157 for colour coding and fitting at my home. Nationwode service I believe. I am in no was affiliated to the company btw, just happy with good service so spreading the word!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I bought some colour coded sensors on ebay last week (£40) - came through with the perfect colour match (deep bronze) and fitted them myself.. recess fitting so theres no sticky out bits. Fitted the buzzer inside the panel and near the rear drivers side speaker so it sounds like it's coming from there!

Can't fault it!

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
I bought some colour coded sensors on ebay last week (£40) - came through with the perfect colour match (deep bronze) and fitted them myself.. recess fitting so theres no sticky out bits. Fitted the buzzer inside the panel and near the rear drivers side speaker so it sounds like it's coming from there!

Can't fault it!
e bay link??

1 - 20 of 20 Posts