2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Nice, how does it update to this new version once released?

Is it a dealer thing or via your smartphone I wonder.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice, how does it update to this new version once released?

Is it a dealer thing or via your smartphone I wonder.
It's an app you have to install on your phone and then connect to the head unit.

Android Auto is not available in all regions (like mine, Belgium) but you can install the apk file from APKmirror

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got a new update from apknite. I use Android Auto every day. It works well most of the time. One significant issue is the (lack of) integration with Google Voice. Really love this new dark theme.

·
Registered
17 Posts
New Android Auto

I got the update yesterday (automatically over the air).
The version you are looking for is 4.5.592854-release

If you have that version you will need to activate the new version.
Here is how to activate it.

1: Goto the apps on your phone and tap Android Auto.
2: tap on FORCE STOP.
3: Goto your phones maintenance feature and then clear storage and then do the same for memory.
4: Restart your phone.
5: Open Android Auto and then tap settings.
6: You should now see at the top of the screen an option to Use the new Android Auto Now. tap on the option to use it.
7: Restart your phone again.
8: Take it to your car, and you're done.

Note: The new version will only show on your Civic's Android Auto screen in the car. It won't show on your phone.

Impressions.
The new version is a massive improvement on the old version. The dark theme looks fantastic.

Enjoy!!!!. :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
4.5.592853 will do.

Not tested yet, but what would your phone show than when Auto is working?

·
Registered
138 Posts
The phone shows the old Android Auto look.
The new look, at least at the moment only shows on the cars display.
So I ask again.
The phone shows what exactly?....the normal phone home screen, blank screen, black screen,....the phone has got to show something while Auto is working....:confused:

·
Registered
17 Posts

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
I still have the old screen showing on the cars head unit despite the phone saying it has the latest update.... any clues what I am doing wrong?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
I still have the old screen showing on the cars head unit despite the phone saying it has the latest update.... any clues what I am doing wrong?
Check the version number you have on your phone. It needs to be 4.5.592854-release or later
They only started rolling out the update, so it may take a few days to get the latest version.

Did you activate it as mentioned a few posts above?

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Its just updated and I have tried it out, much better than the old version. Many thanks for the help and suggestions

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Derv Driver
444 Posts
I got the update yesterday (automatically over the air).
The version you are looking for is 4.5.592854-release

If you have that version you will need to activate the new version.
Here is how to activate it.

1: Goto the apps on your phone and tap Android Auto.
2: tap on FORCE STOP.
3: Goto your phones maintenance feature and then clear storage and then do the same for memory.
4: Restart your phone.
5: Open Android Auto and then tap settings.
6: You should now see at the top of the screen an option to Use the new Android Auto Now. tap on the option to use it.
7: Restart your phone again.
8: Take it to your car, and you're done.

Note: The new version will only show on your Civic's Android Auto screen in the car. It won't show on your phone.

Impressions.
The new version is a massive improvement on the old version. The dark theme looks fantastic.

Enjoy!!!!. :)
Thanks for this. I don't know if all the step are necessary but I followed them regardless. The new updated Android Auto is now showing on my Kenwood aftermarket head unit (I have an 8th gen Civic).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts