2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, i have finally fitted my Android Head Unit (Eonon) and having a couple of minor issues

Firstly, getting music to continue to play when i start the car, the default music app was pretty rubbish, all you got was a list of every song on the USB stick, no way to search via artist/album etc, so i stuck PowerAmp on, and it works ok, but does not restart on bootup

So, any suggestions for a decent Music app that will work with my attached USB stick will be great

Second issue, is there any way to get my Android phone (OnePlus 3) to automatically turn on tethering when i connect to the bluetooth of the head unit, it seems Google, in their wisdom, decided to remove this feature from Marshmallow and above O/S (i have Oreo) so the usual "Tasker" way of doing it is out of the question without rooting (there is a whole other thread right there, spent 6 hours trying to root my phone yesterday to no avail)

So again, any work around suggestions here would be great

Plus, any other decent apps anyone might suggest

·
Administrator
18,083 Posts
It's a shame you can't any longer via Tasker, that's how I toggle mine on Nougat/LG.

As N follows M are you sure it's a Google restriction and not something to do with your hardware?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a shame you can't any longer via Tasker, that's how I toggle mine on Nougat/LG.

As N follows M are you sure it's a Google restriction and not something to do with your hardware?
I'm only basing that on what i have read, maybe it is just Oreo where it is no longer possible then

In which case, i suggest you don't update your O/S if you get the option

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah ha, i think i have managed to get the Tethering switch to work in Tasker now, using a 3rd part Plugin called "Nougat+ Tasker Tethering Control"

Or at least i've got it working when connected via bluetooth to my smart watch as a test, just need to test it on the Head Unit at lunchtime

Still would like suggestions on which music player folk are using though, and any other worth while apps or decent Launchers

EDIT: link below to the fix i found, if anyone else if having issues

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oreo-hotspot-with-tasker-how-to.703808/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts