2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking into headunits from Halfords and Ebay however, I fail to make a decision on what would be better
A) AudioWise
B) If the features of the Android headunit are worth it (Any good as in it wont be laggy etc).
The two main ones i am looking at are:
Don't have 5 posts yet so i cant post any links
pioneer-mvh-av280bt-double-din-bluetooth-car-stereo £160 Halfords
Double DIN Android 5.1 Car Headunit DVD Player GPS DAB+ WiFi 3G OBD2 DVR BT RDS £189 Ebay

·
Premium Member
2,348 Posts
i personally stick with branded kit, so without a doubt a vote for pioneer from me. With it being halfords, you should be able to pop in store and have a play with it on the display to check for any lag or usability headaches

I'd also say that audio quality wise, you wont tell much difference as your still running the stock speakers & wiring.

Have you made any budget available for converter boxes for things like steering wheel controls, iMID display, etc?

Reactions: iMZee

·
Premium Member
2,348 Posts
Yeah, ive been looking at the connect 2 kit bundle which includes the fascia and all the cables, cheapest ive seen is around £100 from ebay
thats cheap. i think i got to around £300 for cables alone for my 9th gen, before i gave up looking to get 100% functionality of the factory HU.
all i know is that if i were buying, i'd opt for physical buttons than touch screen/touch sensitive buttons. i find buttons are far easier and positive feedback than touchscreen is. I'm constantly mis-clicking on the Honda connect unit when driving. That said, 99% of my use is via the steering wheel controls; track select & volume. satnav is a PITA with touchscreen.

Reactions: iMZee
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.