2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
Currently have an iPhone 3GS that I connect via the USB in the armrest.
I like the look of the new HTC Desire HD which runs v2.2.

I am just curious as to whether I will be able to connect this phone via USB and make use of the steering wheel controls like I do with the iPhone or whether for whatever reason I will need to connect by the 3.5mm Aux?

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
As long as you configure the desire to allow file exchange upon USB connection as it is only set to charge by default. Once you've done this, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work...however I will try it with my new desire and report back :)

p.s. I only have the xcarlink USB interface

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Sorry guys I haven't tried this yet, well I have hooked up the phone to the Aux-in but I just used the 3.5mm jack :rolleyes: will try the USB option soon!

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Yes it works. It works with my HTC Desire 2.2

Just connect it to the USB and set the phone to Disk Drive. Once you've done that it will loads music and music folders and you can control it through the steering wheel controls...

P.s Im using the build in USB port in the armrest.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Sorry guys I haven't tried this yet, well I have hooked up the phone to the Aux-in but I just used the 3.5mm jack :rolleyes: will try the USB option soon!
Have you managed to get your Desire to work??

I got the xcarlink USB interface but when I plug in my HTC Desire HD it just flips between CD5 T14 and CD8 T99. I have the phone set to mount the disk. Also tried putting some of the tracks into CD01 and CD02 folders but it made no difference. It appears to work with a USB stick ok

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finally got a Desire Z today.
I used "The Missing Sync for Android" to sync my iTunes library on Mac to my Android.
Plugged my phone in to the USB and it does play the music. However, no support for artists/albums/playlists.

Folders appear on the dash (Folder 01 Track 01) etc Each folder relates back to a separate artist and is not in any order. I.e Jay-Z is the 1st folder.

On my iPhone I could play songs by playlist/artist/albums. I have now manually transferred a MP3 in to a manually created folder on the root of the SD card and I will try tomorrow to see if this helps the folder naming issue.

·
Bye Bye Type R
1,198 Posts
only way is to put them on a usb stick then it will display track title

1 - 11 of 11 Posts