2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at upgrading to an Android phone, the Samsung Nexus S.

Has anyone had any issues pairing it with a 2007 1.8 Civic?

Cheers,

:)

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
I'm looking at upgrading to an Android phone, the Samsung Nexus S.

Has anyone had any issues pairing it with a 2007 1.8 Civic?

Cheers,

:)
I had no issues with pairing my HTC Desire... However, I do notice for some reason the odd drop out of Bluetooth connection normally around the same locations when driving. I use "Bluetooth Notify" (from the market) to give me a sound upon connection/disconnection...

Cheers,

Bob...

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Desire works pretty fine for me. Occasionally (very occasionally) ties itself on knots, but a power cycle or wait sorts it.

Next you need a Bluetooth OBD 2 adaptor and the Torque app...

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
I had no issues with pairing my HTC Desire... However, I do notice for some reason the odd drop out of Bluetooth connection normally around the same locations when driving. I use "Bluetooth Notify" (from the market) to give me a sound upon connection/disconnection...

Cheers,

Bob...
I've noticed this as well on my Xperia x10....normally when I'm in the middle of a call :facepalm:

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
I have a Nexus One and it works perfectly. As the Nexus S is basically the same phone with more shiny, it shouldn't have an issue. My other half has a Nexus S paired to a bog-standard Parrot setup and it works like clockwork too.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have a Nexus One and it works perfectly. As the Nexus S is basically the same phone with more shiny, it shouldn't have an issue. My other half has a Nexus S paired to a bog-standard Parrot setup and it works like clockwork too.
The only similarity between the Nexus and the Nexus S is the name :p. Different hardware, Gingerbread on the S, ones by HTC the other by Samsung... Just saying :D.

I have the Desire Z on Cyanogen/Virtuous, no problems what-so-ever (Once I realised why the bluetooth didn't route to the car every time, seems if you answer the call on the handset, it uses the normal speaker, if you answer using the steering wheel button it works as expected.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts