2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has recently developed an annoying cracking noise coming from the front of the car.

It can be felt through the accelerator and break pedal and is much louder when i have the window down. So i am thinking its exterior, possibly the suspension or something inside the engine bay.

Its happens when taking off and stopping sharply. When the car is moving its fine.

I can handle the other squeaks and rattles but this is starting to piss me off.

Anyone have similar problems?

·
Registered
33 Posts
This sounds like a problem I had. A small stone got into the cavity behind the brake disc on the front wheel. At low speed the stone falls to the bottom and grinds against the disc cover. At faster speeds it stays where it is due to centrifugal force. It makes a very annoying cracking noise at slow speed and the stone can be removed by loosening the 'tin' disc cover!

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll look into that cheers.

It only makes the crack once, and its quite loud especially when the window is down. Would the stone not make a continuous noise when moving at slow speeds?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Get someone to walk along beside the car while you drive it slowly and they should be able to pinpoint the source of the noise.
Good luck!

ps. I have to say that that is the only problem I have ever had with the car in it's 2.2 years.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the heads up, i'll certainly give it a try and if all else fails its going back to dealers :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts