2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Hoping some of you guys have any ideas, I've got a 2.2 daily car for work, and there is an incredibly annoying groaning/humming sound along with slight vibration through the full car (mostly pedals, foot well and slight steering wheel). the car is fine up until about 30mph, then the noise/viberation starts until i get to 75 where it finally goes off.
The type of road also affects it (smooth roads can make it appear louder), if i dip the clutch the noise is still there, at first i did think wheel bearing or tyres. So since i needed new tyres, i had 4 brand new tyres on the car, hunter alignment on the front wheels and the guys had a quick check of the wheel bearings and said all was fine.

Looking around the forum, could this be driveshaft maybe? Hopefully not DMF

I would take it to honda, but they want £114 to inspect it!
Seems no one can find the fault easily but i know it doesn't feel right, i know they're technically different cars, but my FN2 doesn't have this issue.

Some background:
57 plate 2.2 EX
driving, 95% motorway Cruise Control, 5% trashy back lanes

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
DMF would be related to the engine speed not the road speed, my first thought is a tyre out of balance as they do shed weights sometimes. Or the tyre could be damaged.

Tyre balance is usually pretty cheap to have checked out and if you make sure they look they will quickly be able to see if the tyre or rim is damaged.

Is there any clicking/rattling when you accelerate with a lot of steering lock on? like parking up, that would be a CV joint failing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts