2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been out most of the afternoon with the misses and left the Civic at home. Got home to find a large purple bird poo on the roof :rolleyes: so I got my bottle of Megs APC and cloth to clean it and it's left a horrible etching in the paint :(

Not got any decent pictures as it's dark but I'm guessing from other threads that I should be able to remove this with my DA?

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
I found this on my car yesterday morning before work just glad it was early and the sun didn't have time to bake it on. Must be lots of berrys round as this was purple also

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I was constantly getting my car poo'd on when parked on my driveway. It was due to my house arial overhanging my driveway. I had to get the arial removed and a new one installed in my loft in the end. I would wet the poo and let it soften before trying to remove it, don't forget that Honda's paint is so soft that its a joke!

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Broke the DA out on it today (second time it's been out to fix the paintwork :rolleyes: )

I cleaned off the crap last night by soaking it in Megs APC and then gently wiping it off with a microfibre cloth.

I was left with the following when I looked it over this afternoon:

I gave it quite a few hits with a Sonus SFX-1 pad and Sonus SFX-1 Restore polish. This bird crap really had made a mess of the clear-coat as it really did take some work.

Results:

Was here:

At some angles I can still see a very faint mark. However, I'm going to be correcting the whole car soon so I'll get the rest of it then. :cool:

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
I found this on my car yesterday morning before work just glad it was early and the sun didn't have time to bake it on. Must be lots of berrys round as this was purple also

Looks like the bird was dying mid flight and poo'd itself all over your car.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

·
Administrator
15,502 Posts
Broke the DA out on it today (second time it's been out to fix the paintwork :rolleyes: )

I cleaned off the crap last night by soaking it in Megs APC and then gently wiping it off with a microfibre cloth.

I was left with the following when I looked it over this afternoon:

I gave it quite a few hits with a Sonus SFX-1 pad and Sonus SFX-1 Restore polish. This bird crap really had made a mess of the clear-coat as it really did take some work.

Results:

Was here:

At some angles I can still see a very faint mark. However, I'm going to be correcting the whole car soon so I'll get the rest of it then. :cool:
Nice work matey with your polishing, removal ASAP is a must on Honda paint

1 - 9 of 9 Posts