2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

This is my first post here, and as usual, I'm here to try to diagnose a problem, with my 2.2 Civic.

The climate control isn't working correctly. It never gets warm inside the cabin. So far, I have changed the thermostat, that made no difference, the engine and water temperature are getting to the correct temperature within a couple of miles. I have no airlock in the coolant system, its all running perfectly.
I have run the Climate Control diagnostics and the sensor readings are all ok apart from the last sensor reading.
1 = 16c In car temp
2 = 10c Outside air temp
3 = 10 (was cloudy outside) solar radiation sensor
4 = 6c Evaporator outlet
5 = changeable depending on whether I was calling for cold or hot
6 = N/A its not dual zone
7 = changes according to mode
8 = Recirc opening working correctly
9 = 76c Vent temp air out

All other flap diagnostic tests are working perfectly, no errors being reported.

My question is, where is the Vent temperature air out sensor located? and does anyone have the part number?
I have looked in the FN2 online parts manual but this doesnt show me the location of the Vent temp sensor. I believe its referred to as "TAO" sensor in the workshop manual.

Hopefully there is enough info to help someone else out if they have this problem in the future.

·
Administrator
17,942 Posts
The vent sensor is to the inside of the steering wheel, behind a small grill.

I guess the pipe may have popped off, its a bit of a pain to reconnect of your remove the binnacle surround.

Info should be on the forum Wiki on the pipe...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe that the sensor you're referring to is the cabin temp sensor. I wish it was that easy. I've had half the dash apart yesterday trying to find the vent temperature sensor. And checked the pipe on the cabin temp sensor and it was all ok.

I have had a slight breakthrough this morning though, i removed the water pipes going to the heater core in the engine bay and the bottom hose was dry, I flushed the heater core out with a hosepipe and refilled the coolant. Started getting warm on the drive, however, when I took the car for a drive, it started getting colder blowing from the vents again. I'm now thinking that either there is a lot of crud in the system and it's blocked the heater core again, or the water pump isn't working properly, maybe the impeller is spinning on the shaft or some of the impeller blades have snapped off.

More investigation needed I think.

Thank you very much for your reply though, it's much appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts