2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Onto my second Civic
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the last two weeks I've endured a ticking sound coming from beneath the dashboard and today finally got round to dropping my car back at the dealer. This is the fifth time in three months the car has been returned for one bug or another. The tick was incredibly annoying, tapping in time with every bump and ripple on the road. I must add that there's been nothing serious wrong with the car yet, just clicks and rattles, as well as the much documented fuel cap issue.

Anyway, I went for a spin with one of the mechanics and (thankfully) the ticking appeared right on cue. The dealer had the car for the afternoon and I'm pleased to say appear to have fixed it. Apparently the "shuttle trim" in the dash was loose and has been replaced. If anyone knows what a "shuttle trim" is I'd be delighted to know. I was also advised that my rear shock absorbers were adjusted, as a mechanic thought they "didn't sound right". I had mentioned that the rear of the car still seemed to shudder a little, though this was apparently addressed on visit number four.

On picking the car up I asked to speak to the service manager, as I reckon having to return the car five times in three months is excessive. I was denied the privilege but various people at the front desk were eager to remind me that new models have teething troubles, and that all they do is repair and return. Fair enough, and I pointed out that I had no issue with the dealer or its efforts; however, the public is not a test bed and when I chose the Civic I didn't sign a caveat outlining that, as the model is new, teething troubles are likely and that I accept this. The poor dealer thought I was having a pop at them but I was keen to make it clear that my customer experience has been diluted by these niggling problems and the five return visits required addressing them.

Letter to Honda I suppose. I still think it’s a great car but I honestly wouldn’t recommend one to anyone given the experience I’ve had with it so far.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hmm, is the shuttle trim the metallicypainted part in the dash? BTW, this part is very easily brushed.. i stumbled in my car and hit my jeans on the trim, it lost all the paint from the impact! paint is THIN!

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Don't know about "shuffle trim", could it be the "scuttle plate", the plastic trim beneath the wiper blades ?.

·
Onto my second Civic
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
...could it be the "scuttle plate", the plastic trim beneath the wiper blades ?.
I reckon it could have been that. I do sometimes mishear things; my excuse is having played the drums for 20 years...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts