2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a good search and intend to have a look at the car asap when I get chance.

The window has been working fine pretty much, on the odd occasion when I put the window up it comes back down automatically but after a couple of attempts it usually goes up and stays up... Until I got work tonight and it decided it didn't want to stay all the way up. The window goes right to the top and at last minute comes back down. After seeing posts on here I thought it must be the heko wind deflectors so I took it off and it still won't stay up :( I tried cleaning the channels and still no joy.

Luckily there's no power to the windows with the ignition off so had to put it up and then quickly turn the ignition off before it came back down.

I've seen the logic reset thing in the wiki I can try (if I can get my head around it) just wondering if anyone else has any ideas of what to look out for when I take the door card off.

Oh, also the window has developed a slight judder whilst in operation at times too. In guessing this is probably something to do with it too.

I'm tempted to try and spray some dwd 40 down the channels for a quick fix until I can look at it at the weekend.

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
There is a thread on here that tells you how to reset the window switches

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That was my first port of call when I got back from work. Surprisingly though the window decided to open and close without any problems so I didn't do the reset.

I'm sure this problem will arise again though.
I've also noticed that the window now judders when it goes down and when you put it all the way up the drivers door card moves ever so slightly so something's a miss and will need looking at. At least the windows up now though and I can have a look at the weekend.

Cheers for the replies :)

·
Dervinator
1,349 Posts
I suffer from that on the drivers window.. I'm assuming I've put too much insulation behind it.

What I do when the bugger just wont stay up is... a couple of seconds before the window reaches the top I open and shut the door !!

Works every time !

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I suffer from that on the drivers window.. I'm assuming I've put too much insulation behind it.

What I do when the bugger just wont stay up is... a couple of seconds before the window reaches the top I open and shut the door !!

Works every time !

Cheers for the tip mate :thumbup: oddly enough the windows been working perfect and I haven't touched it so I'll have to see if this problem crops up again.

·
Nae Bother...
370 Posts
Cheers for the tip mate :thumbup: oddly enough the windows been working perfect and I haven't touched it so I'll have to see if this problem crops up again.
I've got this problem with my drivers window (think it's because I've installed Hekos) and I've noticed that it's only when I use the Auto feature instead of manually adjusting it, if you manually adjust it all the way up instead of pulling the button so the window goes up without you having to touch it then it will stay up. Real pain but it's there so you don't chop your arm off haha. Try this and hopefully it works, just takes longer to put your window up which is an inconvenience.

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I always thought my problem was due to the hekos but taking it off the drivers side made no difference. I'm planning on putting the wind deflector back on tomorrow as I actually miss it lol if the problem comes back I'll have a play around with it :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts