2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I’m an happy owner of a 1.0T 2017 hatch, I got the car simply to commute to work but immediately got addicted to the performance and comfort... although is just a 1L engine, drives great, but can do more.
That’s why I’m writing in the forum, seems to be difficult to find parts for this engine, maybe you can point me in the right direction.

So far I brought the engine from 129hp/200Nm to 165hp/275Nm with a stage 1 remap, K&N filter and using some premium fuel. Huge difference from stock, since I go through the Autobahn on my work commute I have many opportunities to test top speed, so far 227 km/h (GPS) is amazing to think how a 1.0L engine car have this performance.

If you guys know what else can I do without loosing reliability would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
130 Posts
Just out of curiosity, how did you measure those progresses in torque and power figures?

·
Premium Member
2,199 Posts
Wow - Those gains are immense, especially considering the Honda 1l is already one of / the highest power output 1l that I've seen, comparing to other manufacturers - ~140mph is very impressive too.

You'll probably struggle to find aftermarket parts for the 1l for a while; Similarly to the 1.4, as it's the smallest engine size, it's usually last on the list for aftermarket manufacturers. For more generic bolt ons, you could look at FK8 Offerings (For suspension; Power braces etc).

I've had a look at Injen, and there's no new intake offering from them yet - They've catered for the 1.8 and 1.4 on the 9G, as well as the 1.5 10G, so I'm sure they will have something before long.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts