2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

301 - 320 of 347 Posts

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Hi guys
Has anyone recently been able to find a decent lather gear knob for this upgrade? Can't seem to find a nissan 350z anywhere (like the OP used)
Everything else is either very expensive or very vile.

I was considering using a honda 9th gen one like we have in our other car, very nice quality, but the base is oval not round, do you think this would be out of place butted up to the gator?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Hi guys
Has anyone recently been able to find a decent lather gear knob for this upgrade? Can't seem to find a nissan 350z anywhere (like the OP used)
Everything else is either very expensive or very vile.

I was considering using a honda 9th gen one like we have in our other car, very nice quality, but the base is oval not round, do you think this would be out of place butted up to the gator?
Thanks
Have you tried the 350z forums I've still got the Oem however its damaged by removal had to use mole grips on it. Replaced with a Nismo version.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've been lurking on these forums since I bought my 2.2 '06 Civic about a month ago and just thought I'd add my joyous experience of following this tutorial using an Audi TT gaiter with white stitching and a fake Skunk2 knob, both off ebay.

I can't upload an image as I don't have an account for any image hosting site, however, I think the results look brilliant, and for a fake cheap gear knob, the improvement in the gear changing feel is amazing. My car did come with an absolutely awful plastic third party gear knob from the previous owner though.

But anyway, thanks for the tutorial, this was a brilliant cheap mod.

·
Administrator
18,083 Posts
I've been lurking on these forums since I bought my 2.2 '06 Civic about a month ago and just thought I'd add my joyous experience of following this tutorial using an Audi TT gaiter with white stitching and a fake Skunk2 knob, both off ebay.

I can't upload an image as I don't have an account for any image hosting site, however, I think the results look brilliant, and for a fake cheap gear knob, the improvement in the gear changing feel is amazing. My car did come with an absolutely awful plastic third party gear knob from the previous owner though.

But anyway, thanks for the tutorial, this was a brilliant cheap mod.
Well done.

If you use Tapatalk on your phone to access the forum, then pic uploading is easier ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello
I see you all made it this part:
Next unclip the panel which covers the base of the gear knob. This unclips quite easily without the use of tools or screwdrivers. Pop it off from the top end first and then lifts out from the bottom.

I tried today and no luck :) can someone please make a short video of this that would be great

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Just use a bank card or a wide blade knife. Gently nudge the fixtures from the top and push the card or knife towards you. The surround will simply pop out.

·
Administrator
18,083 Posts
Hi,

Was this fitted on a normal civic or a type r? EBay are doing 20% off from 4pm to 10pm so need to know asap!
Most of the cars you see listed here are non Type R's, but the gaiter and knob can be changed on the Type R's.

·
Registered
32 Posts
can anyone get me one of these gear knobs or know where i can buy one? Don't mind if its second hand.

would be much appreciated Dan

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
The changes gear knobs & gaiters look awesome. Once question - has anyone seen a leather and a suede one in person - trying to figure out which would look better in a Type S. Do the Audi TT ones from eBay fit the best yes?

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
The changes gear knobs & gaiters look awesome. Once question - has anyone seen a leather and a suede one in person - trying to figure out which would look better in a Type S. Do the Audi TT ones from eBay fit the best yes?
I got an Audi TT leather with red stitching from eBay and its a perfect fit and looks great. Having a decent weighted gear knob and a short shifter (from Butler in hobbyist section) really finishes it off.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
I got an Audi TT leather with red stitching from eBay and its a perfect fit and looks great. Having a decent weighted gear knob and a short shifter (from Butler in hobbyist section) really finishes it off.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Great - thank you! I'll take a look.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thinking of doing this, does anyone know what the thread size is on the great shifter many I see are M10. I love the leather/aluminium knob (I've searched everywhere) look on the very first post but quite like the ball with the gear numbers.

301 - 320 of 347 Posts