2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello good people,

I recently joined the forum and got inspired by the Civic community - and now I would like to change the perspex grill on my '08 FK2 to the sports grill and was researching this brilliant site for some details.

What I can't seem to figure out however, is whether you need to either disassemble/detach some part of headlight washer mechanism when the front bumper is dropped? :confused:
I realize there are various threads explaining how to do this work without dropping the bumber, but also reports where people broke clips etc. simply because of very limited place.

Please advise...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I replaced my grille by dropping the bumper. no probs with access or clips breaking. no need to touch the headlamps. there's a good "how to" on it so just follow that. the Honda instructions supplied with the grille set out dropping the bumper, so why try it any other way?

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers! Didn't realize that the grill came with a 'how-to' as I don't have the part yet.

Just concerned about the washers for front headlight would be accepted somehow. Think I recall reading in a thread somewhere that when front bumper is detached, the washer liquid runs out.

Good WE..

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
the bumper is just popped out from the lips along the underside of the lights/grille. you dont need to ompletely remove it. took me 20 mins start to finish by dropping the bumper, good luk mate and get pics up when its fitted :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts