2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Been checking out the site for the last few weeks as I am looking to buy a 2.2 EX Diesel. I've got some great info on what to look for etc from the WIKI and have to say you guys seem like a really helpful bunch.

Wish me luck in my search...Going to look at one I've found today!

·
Premium Member
20,381 Posts
welcome buddy good luck and check the clutch. steep hill 2k revs in 4th and floor it if the revs go up then fall before the car accelerates it needs a new one. dont walk away because of it just use it as leverage to knock money off then replace it yourself for peace of mind. they tend to go around 28k

sent from my phone

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Welcome to Civinfo, excellent choice of car! :D

Coupla extra easy barter points, if the mirrors don't fold in when you press the button it's usually £35ish per side to replace the offending part (DIY straight forward). Intermittent/faulty aircon is quite often just a relay that's £20ish. Don't be afraid of high mileage, provided there's a service history. I bought mine with 98k on the clock & 10k later it's still running like a dream!

If there's no disk for the satnav, then that would cost nearly £200 to buy new...

If it's not got a reverse camera, you could be up & running with one for about £50 plus a couple of hours of your time (very cool for showing off to your mates!)

Anyway, good luck!

·
ex CW FN2 owner
595 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum hope you had fun looking for your new car?

·
768 Posts
Welcome mate

From Leicester too, still havent seen a :civinfo:.com sticker so maybe another one to look out for in the future?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.