2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, i have a problem and would appriciate some help / advice. When I bought my car I only got one key, so I have been reading up on this and bought another original key from ebay with the intention of getting a blank cut and having it reprogramed to my car. Now my question is do the internals need to be the same? my original key is a Valeo and the ebay key is an Omron G8D-3821H-A. Will the Omron reprogram like the Valeo or do they need to match. My car is a 1.8 Type S Gt 2007, my local Honda dealer wants £204 for a new key
Cheers in advance for any help

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
Hi Fella
yes you are right the valeo is the standard remote fob used on all versions of the honda key fob
personally ive never heard of one of these Omron G8D-3821H-A, do you know what frequency it is using as the civic only use 433mhz so if its not running this frequency it wont work anyway mate
Best thing to do is go to the stealers and ask if the key can be programmed it wont hurt or cost anything to ask, failing that i can get the keys blank for £120 brand new genuine but you would then need to get it cut and programmed.
Sorry I can not be more help than that im affraid if you where more local it would be alot easier for me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
Hi guys, thanks for the fast response. The frequency is 433.5mhz is that correct? also just noticed the ebay key is a different shaped remote. It appears to have the top corner missing on the remote and there's a housing in the key plastics (where the chip is?)
got a pic fella the frequency is correct though

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
Pretty sure mate that's the wrong one if you open it up there will be no transponder inside on the circuit board mate, not 100% sure but pretty certain that key is for the american market mate it certainly won't start yours mate

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that's not the actual key wardy mine looks similar in shape but only has the lock, unlock buttons and not the boot release
p.s. sorry for the delay I work evenings

1 - 8 of 8 Posts