2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

Long time lurker here ....Ive read a million posts on here about this issue - I did have the fuel filler drain blocked but suspected it wasnt the issue so left the carpet out and sure enough I was right

Its only happening in the bottom area where spare wheel is - the rest of boot was bone dry

Its lashing rain here and the water is trickling down the cavity - anyone off the cuff know where its leaking from based on the pics below? doesn't seem to be coming from the lights so assume its the roof channels or something?

Thanks in advance :wink3:

Its a 2007 Gen 8 Civic Hatchback btw

Red arrows are the flow of leak

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi I had exactly the same leak, I spent months trying to find it! If it’s coming in the same place as mine then you are correct in your assumption, the seam sealer at the rear of the roof rain channels fails and let’s water in at a surprising rate.
To check I took the fittings off the end of my hose so I could squash the hose right up against the seam sealer and had someone turn the hose on slowly, hey presto instant in car waterfall!
Clean re-seam seal or mastic and that would stop it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I'll check it out -I noticed that one of the channels on the roof (the side thats leaking) is loose and easy to move round back part - while other side is solid so will check both.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well that appears to have been the issue the hose proved it- wouldn't have found that in a million years.

Sealed with some Dirko sealing compound - hopefully thats an end to it

gadgetgaggle DM me your paypal and I'll send you the price of a pint - the least I can do :wink3:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts