2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Sorry if this has been asked before, did try the search but couldn't find what I was after.

I've repaired my SOD's in the wing mirrors thanks to your excellent guides and a quick trip to my local RS components. However now that I go to refit them, the passenger mirror goes out way too far, almost like it's missing some kid of bump-stop. It folds in and out ok, but just stops too far out. If I put my hand out to stop the mirror as it folds out it stops wherever my hand is, so I can manually make it stop in the right place. If I swop the SOD's the drivers mirror works perfectly, so it's definitely mirror related not SOD related.

Has anyone seen this before or got any ideas?

Thanks

Paul

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got the same problem. Just replaced the left shut off device but the problem persists. I totally disasembled my mirror twice (all but the motor) but couldn't find anything. I really wonder what it couild be since I expected the shut off device to be the problem. I thought that the device breaks power to the motor when it reaches position, but it keeps moving... I hope anyone can give a hint...

Greetings from Germany

Chris

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got the same problem. Just replaced the left shut off device but the problem persists. I totally disasembled my mirror twice (all but the motor) but couldn't find anything. I really wonder what it couild be since I expected the shut off device to be the problem. I thought that the device breaks power to the motor when it reaches position, but it keeps moving... I hope anyone can give a hint...

Greetings from Germany

Chris
Also have the same problem with my son's purchase of a 2006 1.8 EX and would like to know how to fix it please, if anyone can help

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks hanszl, but I think this is something different even though it sounds pretty much the same... In my case the metal looks flawless to me (maybe I check this again...).
I talked to a friend the other day and he told me that in many cars they use an IC-device to stop the mirror motor at the right position (he works in a compyna selling those circuits). I think its an electrical not mechanical issue because the mechanics seem to work great. The motor, the "click in & out" and everything...
As I'm pretty annoyed about that problem I will contact my Honda dealer to find out more... maybe...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts