2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - so I got one last week. I picked up my 2010 CTR GT in Red with no extra's that I'm aware of, and I love it!!

Its done about 84.5k miles, has a few stonechips, had a few supermarket dents, perfect wheels, good GY Eagle F1's, no scratches, nothing untoward, totally stock.

The day after collection, Dent Devils removed all the supermarket scars - 100% removed on 4 panels. Cleaned and polished it now looks awesome (if dirty already). Chipex stonechip repair is on order - used it very successfully on my weekend car and see no reason why it shouldn't be good on this one, althogh will wait for slightly less cruddy weather first.

Some minor issues (I hope) :-

• rattle inside passenger door which I think is the speaker
  • after reversing, slight knock as you pull forwards again from rear passenger side suspension
  • a metallic tap as if flicking the wing arch with your finger when cold from somewhere under the front wheel arch (it stops after a couple of miles)
  • headlights cutting out - can be left only, right only, or both. Its like a single blink of an eye when it happens. Seems to be over bumps or sharp dips, more so under acceleration or in corners when pressing on a little. Sidelights stay on, main beams stay on, dash all stays on so its limited to the Xenons only. Rear lights also stay on. Doesn't do it continuously either, or if driven gentle.
Any ideas or guidance gratefully received - especially on the lights.

Once the weather gets a bit warmer, I'll have it in bits to suss out the issues, but the lights need to be done now as people will be thinking I am flashing at them!

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
What do Dent Devils charge? Is it £x per dent or a price for the lot? The missus's Mini needs a few done :surprise:
Oh, and I hope you are enjoying your new car :smile3:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Missed this question - sorry !! I got charged £200 but he removed about 6 dents for that across 4 panels. 100% removed too - did a great job.

Also fixed the flickering light - a new xenon bulb fitted by the garage where I bought the car - no cost to me. Problem solved.

The knocks and taps have stopped so maybe it was related to the car not being used for a while whilst it was on their forecourt, but it's fine now. The passenger door is still rattling a bit - but that can wait till the weather picks up and I can be bothered to take it apart.

Loving the car now - even with the somewhat aged sound system and lack of titles being read from the USB! Love the way it encourages you to drive it hard, love the way it turns into the corners with nice and direct steering that has feel, loving the seats (although you sit too high in them), and I like that it has aged very well in its looks and feel.

I was worried about the harsh ride, but moving from a daily driver of the 2003/2004 Mini Cooper S variety (and also having an S3 and Cayman), the suspension harshness isn't an issue for me but I can see why for some its too harsh. I quite like it, and to my mind it just feels a bit like its poly-bushed.

Her 2nd time out in it, and the Mrs kerbed a wheel already. She did 3 on the Audi so far, and she isn't allowed anywhere in the Cayman where she might have to park it! We have a good refurb place in Colchester so I guess they'll be getting some of my cash in the spring time as I'll have to have it done - I hate my cars to have marks and blemishes!! Also need to replace the rear Type R badge as the red paint is chipping off the R. My private reg will move onto it in a week or so now that I am happy with the car and decided its a keeper (for now - although I had the Mini 8.5 yrs).

·
Registered
581 Posts
Welcome and enjoy. Great cars

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts