2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

Signed up a few weeks ago after buying a black 2010 Civic 1.8 SI in December. Love the car as its my first proper car having a 1999 1.6 gl polo for the first year of driving.

Big passion for cars now after lots of issues with the polo. Really enjoy the thought of playing around but lacking in knowledge rather than enthusiasm so this forum looks promising.

Decided to pipe up today after a few weeks as I had a tear jerking moment of scraping the rear arch against a pole in the car park today. Few yellow paint lines and hopefully no dents so working on it at lunch but may be back for support!

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum buddy!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all! My first idea is black alloys but im looking around for a good set as I quite like the 17" ones that come with the SI so I have to justify it to myself.

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
Welcome mate i often travel past winchester to southampton (the enemy lives there ;) )

What you lack in knowledge now you certainly wont once you delve into the forum im a trained level one technician and since joining the forum learnt more than i ever learnt in college! Good bunch of people too!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Seems like there is a growing contigent in the area! I've learnt alot through breaking my old car and trying to fix it to get the confidence up a bit.

Slightly scarier doing it with a car you like and is worth 10 times as much though!

Everyone seems to be switched on and detailed in their guides with some good pictures to work along to as well.

Only one I have been trying to track down at the moment is how to re-connect windscreen washer reservoir as it appears it wasnt connected when I bought it off Honda!

Checked the connections you can see with the bonnet up but when testing it the water just pours out the bottom of the car. From what I have seen it seems the front bumper has to come off to access it?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ah the joys of learning how to fix your car... good luck! Mind you, my first car was a very rusty Mini 850 so I could hardly make it any worse no matter what I did! (And as it went wrong quite a lot, I did quite a bit. :D )

·
AWESOME-O 4000
187 Posts
Think I've seen you in Winchester a few times?
Also, I've never seen you Starpoint :(

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.