2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

I'm 21, from near Stirling.

Looking at a few EX and type-s GT models (both 2.2) for sale quite locally to replace my current Seat Leon.

Couple of newbie questions (I will use the search function before anyone starts.......) but would anyone be able to outline the major faults (apart from the clutch)

Also I'm looking at one with 91k miles, how do these engines tend to hold up with higher mileage?

Thanks in advance,

G

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
Welcome, I have a 2.2 type s, I am quite new to civic driving but people keep talking about the clutch, I believe the engines go for ever . Great car

Reactions: gmh23

·
Batmobiles Rule ✌
6,587 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum.:)

As with any car make sure it has FSH and where possible one owner. If it has been looked after then there shouldn't be any reason why the car won't do the same mileage again. Good luck in what ever you purchase.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I'll be looking at a few in the next couple of weeks so should hopefully find something that suits.

·
Ex Honda Tractor driver!
162 Posts
As already said you should be fine with a high mileage car as long as it has been serviced properly, clutch is easily checked on the test drive. Nothing major to look for, just listen out for any interior rattles and suspension knocking and enjoy whatever you buy! :D

Reactions: gmh23
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.