2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, im from Wigan and ive just bought a 2007 Civic Type R GT. This is my first Honda as ive always been a strict Toyota man in the past but the Civic FN2 Type R has been a dream car of mine since it came out and ive finally got one. First impressions are very well built and very similar in a lot of ways to Toyota.

Hopefully ive done the right thing and look forward to being a member of the forum!

A couple of pics of the car after its first ever wash and paint decontamination. Took me 9 hours and next up will be a machine polish which will take a week or two to do properly at my own lesuire.

Thanks for looking! John

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mate, its a right minter. Looked at a few before hand that were rough around the edges and badly stone chipped but this is spot on! Paid 7950 for it with 48K, Full Honda SH. made up with it so far!

·
Reasonable Tenor voice
617 Posts
welcome matey. 9 hours to clean your car. That's dedication.

·
JPP
1,555 Posts
Hello and welcome...

·
Jedi Knight
610 Posts
Welcome mate, Hondas are better than Toyotas, I know because I drive a Honda but build Toyotas at work ;)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks again for the warm welcome I feel at home already! Keef I won't ever turn on Toyota because I've had about 6 and every one has been nothing short of brilliant but I can't speak for the newer models the last one I had was a 53 plate celica t sport and I must admit the type r does feel stronger but that may just be because it's newer. My original plan was to get a red celica gt but they are very hard to find and none were for sale. The type r was a bit over my budget and it's left me skint but I don't regret it one bit! Everywhere I'm going the car is turning heads and getting attention! I think my first and only mod will be wind deflectors. I like to keep my cars standard and mint condition. Maybe a slight tint on the rear quarter lights not sure yet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Welcome along John, can we interest you in a Civinfo sticker by any chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Johnm400
1 - 20 of 22 Posts