2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Onto my second Civic
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all

New member of the Civic club from the green patch between Wakefield and Leeds.

Just 5 days before I collect my Alabaster Silver 1.8 SE with leather trim, which is obviously 5 days too many. The last time I remember feeling like this was when I was around 6 and wondering how on earth I'd pass the handful of days before Christmas.

Having spent several weeks staring enviously at a colleague's new civic, I decided I just had to have one. I was in the market for a new car but after taking a civic for a spin I didn't even bother testing the others on my shortlist. My only disappointment was that the local dealer simply wouldn't budge on the price, though I guess they don't need to offer any sweeteners to sell these cars right now.

I will try and post some pictures once it's finally sat on my driveway.

Already loving the forum.

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
Hi JB75 and welcome. You will love the car, it just in a league of its own against the competition. Be sure to post some pics :D

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
Welcome JB75 and as you have already found out the Civ is a fantastic car, you'l love it :)

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Welcome JB75, another member from the land of wippets and flat caps....lol.

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Welcome JB, does that put you in the Rhubarb triangle? Another Yorkshireman to join the group, only I'm an ex-pat yorkshire man, living in Oxfordshire. :wink:

Typical, trying to get money off. Short arms, deep pockets eh?

·
Registered
421 Posts
welcome to the site, you wont be dissappointed with your car!!!
its great to see so many new members, the site is growing well XXX

·
Onto my second Civic
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
richierich said:
Welcome JB, does that put you in the Rhubarb triangle? Another Yorkshireman to join the group, only I'm an ex-pat yorkshire man, living in Oxfordshire. :wink:

:D

I'm very much in the Rhubarb Triangle, yes. My village lies in what was one of the principle growing areas. I still have some in my garden, which the neighbours fall over themselves to take off my hands each year! Can't say I'm a fan of the stuff though.

Thank you for your replies everyone, I already feel most welcome here.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Welcome to the wonderful world of the Civic.
Get mine in about 2 weeks so know how you feel (Diesel EX nighthawk)
Besides custard and crumble what else does rhubarb go with? Have I missed the rhubarb festival?
Remember those speed cameras..................................

·
Registered
273 Posts
JB75 said:
richierich said:

:D

I'm very much in the Rhubarb Triangle, yes. My village lies in what was one of the principle growing areas. I still have some in my garden, which the neighbours fall over themselves to take off my hands each year! Can't say I'm a fan of the stuff though.

Thank you for your replies everyone, I already feel most welcome here.
First and foremost, welcome to the site ! :D

At least your rhubarb has takers...... most of mine just goes into the compost bin

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
Our rhubarb crown is quite old and doesn't produce much. So after the "Photo Competition, could the next prize be a Rhubarb Crown ?. 8)

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
[smilie=hello.gif] JB75. Went for the same model as you but in blueish silver with leather and CD changer. If it's any consolation, I couldn't get any discount either and had to pay for the car mats. [smilie=disgust.gif]

I couldn't sleep before I got mine, I was so giddy!

Not long to go now... :)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Am a bit alarmed at how quick some people are getting their cars after ordering ! I've got another two months !!

I should be in good practice on the sleep front with our two year daughter waking up in the middle of the night !

·
Onto my second Civic
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I collect my Civic at 4pm tomorrow, which means I'll be just in time to join the Leeds rush hour: my first experience with the car is likely to be 20 minutes inching towards the M621.

I called in at the dealer today to sign 16k away (didn't enjoy that bit) and found her plated up and sat in the car park, looking a bit grubby and missing the free mats I was promised. I'm hoping they'll sort that tomorrow.

I've got my 'collection' checklist printed out, as well as a reminder of all the 'extras' they promised to throw in for free. I'm actually looking forward to going round the car with a magnifying glass.

Just one more day at work and I'll be a member of the club proper. I'll post some pics tomorrow providing the torrential rain we've had here since late afternoon finally clears.

8)

·
Registered
277 Posts
JB75 - good luck for tomorrow and hope you don't have too much trouble with the stealer.

Give us a proper briefing once you've got the car and manage to get back to your computer !!

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Good luck JB, dashboard scratches and paint issues around all the lighting/bumpers remember! ;)

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
Hope everything is as expected tomorrow JB. Don't forget to check the registration plates against the tax disc and paperwork, one of us forgot :oops:

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Hi JB, good luck today :D Make sure the fuel cap opens easily and the front 'glass' isn't touching the bumper :wink:

It's a really enjoyable car; so have fun. [smilie=superkewl.g:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts