2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to all.

Should have my car on Friday. I keep on adding things so I've only myself to blame for the delay.

Took the plunge on a Rocketship after my 1.8VTi Aerodeck was totalled just before Christmas.

Broke my heart to see it go, just took an old bloke to forget what the give-way dashes were for on a roundabout, pranged the passenger side doors in and that was the end of her.

So I have plunged for a 2.2 i-CTDi ES. They seem to go OK but the (test) drive was certainly different!

Len

·
Forest Supporter
143 Posts
Hi

Mine is due this week to, i am getting a 2.2 SE as a company car.

We will have to swap notes.

I hope you (we) enjoy them.

Mike

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome Len, I hope you enjoy your new car, what did you mean by different on the test drive.
I don't drive by numbers but they are a bit different. The Aero max torque was at 6300, the max bhp at 7600 but the engine was very flexible all the way down.

The Aero had the easiest engine I have ever had. Leave it in 5th down to 25mph and she would just pull away without any fuss. The test car seemed a lot more fussy about which gear it wanted to be in, but that could have just been me. I guess the gearing and rev bands are just so different.

Shove the Aero in 3rd and floor it and she just screamed all the way up to 7000+revs or so. Never any problem overtaking. The 2.2 i-CTDi pulls a lot more torque (but lower down) so I guess this won't have changed :D , just at much lower revs. The test drive seemed to back that up ;)

The Aerodeck ran at much higher revs than the average motor, the down side was that it could be a bit wearing on the ears at the end of 350 odd miles. Oh and I wouldn't have got there (Fort William) on one tank. Used to run out just short. Maybe 32mpg on a long run. Two blokes and a pile of test gear! So I guess I will have to get used to visiting the pumps less often ;)

The Rocketship will have to be run in as well.... Interesting stuff on the site about that subject.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome
Sorry about the Aerodeck but I am sure you will enjoy the Rocketship.
Nearly Friday......
As it is North Wales...watch those speed cameras...!;)
I've led a charmed life in that respect, but I think everywhere is the same these days. Probably put my foot in it now :oops:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts