2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I Hate tailgaters!
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When those of you who buy waxes and wax your car.

When you do ....... do you always put a polish on first or ...... just wash n wax??

And put a polish on when a major clean is called for.

I'm not talking about spray wax I mean hard waxes or liquid waxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Cleaning Moderator
12,674 Posts
I polish the car when it needs it, polish is used to remove any imperfections in the paint such as swirls, marring, scratches etc. Then wax the car, dependant on wax you’ll need to top it up every 2-3 months. No need to polish again when you top up the wax. Most that polish cars probably do it once a year.

·
i-Vtec
2,217 Posts
As above. Polish to remove imperfections then seal with wax. I try to wax once a month and help build up layers to improve protection. Re-wax when you notice a loss of beading, in the worse case. If you leave it too long then oxidisation will occur and you will need to polish to remove the oxidisation then wax.

·
I Hate tailgaters!
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just treated her to some waxplanet placebo. Found it dragged a lot when polishing off but this might be down to jayswax ceramic wax put on 3 weeks ago? She's not gonna get used again for a while as I'll be medically restricted/ recovering so couldn't resist making sure she looks nice in the garage whilst I suffer.

·
I Hate tailgaters!
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Me and my shadow. No scythe. Anyway he's not a bad lad. Seems ok when he's on family guy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts