2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

So I've seen all the comments on this squeaky clutch pedal for my 2008 Civic FN2 ES 1.8 and I've seen some have luck with grease and others with replacing Master Cylinders and so on. Only issue is i'm struggling to see where people are using the grease to fix the problem. Or how people go by changing out their Master Cylinder. Did anyone have any details on either of these fixes?

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Drop the panel under the steering column - need to take out the triangle shaped panel at the end of the dash first to reveal retaining screw. Rest is just clips needing a good tug.
Then do you best contortionist act and get right up under the dash. You will see where the pedals each have a pivot pin and that is where you need to get the grease into. Some recommend bike chain lube, I have used white grease spray you could use lithium grease. Just avoid getting it all over the seals on any of the cylinders down there.

·
Νίκος
2,816 Posts
Hey all,

So I've seen all the comments on this squeaky clutch pedal for my 2008 Civic FN2 ES 1.8 and I've seen some have luck with grease and others with replacing Master Cylinders and so on. Only issue is i'm struggling to see where people are using the grease to fix the problem. Or how people go by changing out their Master Cylinder. Did anyone have any details on either of these fixes?

Cheers!
Hey
sorry for my bad english!!!
one photo equals with one thousand words.
Red arrow shows the point of master cylinder that wants lubrication (need a long tube to get to the point).
Green arrow shows the point of cruise control switch (the switch heve removed but is not necessary for the job)

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts