2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
haterz gonna hate
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey chaps,

Only me again. Bit of a different thread for you this time, after the last one (Ceramic protection). Here I am trialling a new wheel cleaner, I say new, it came out last year, and Reflect Russ has used it a few times but don't think anyone has really picked up on it.

As a detailer, I'm always looking for ways to speed up my processes without compromising quality.

So, here I present to you Scholl RIM7. There's barely any info on the product anywhere, but I think it could well be a diamond in the rough.

RIM7 applied and working...

Notice this was on a (relatively) dry wheel, still with dirt on and no rinsing beforehand?I didn't agitate the product either, just left it to dwell for around 7 or 8 mins.

Rinsed off under pressure, and voila..

So what do you think? it smells a little like the old Iron-X, and it clearly has de-ironising properties. Based on my little test, it clings really well to the wheels, dissolves the dirt and speeds up the whole wheel cleaning process. It's about as good an all in one you can get, with only protection needing to be applied afterwards. Stronger than Wolf's by all accounts.

Hope this helps you with your wheel cleaning woes.

Matt.

·
haterz gonna hate
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not really, because you don't spray Iron-X onto dirty wheels (or at least I don't), you clean the rims first and then apply to remove the brake dust. I don't know how purple rain etc work as I've not tried them. This is a PH Neutral 'wheel cleaner'. It takes a bloody good wheel cleaner to spray on and just rinse off with no agitation! I'm a big fan of the Bilberry, and that works nowhere near as effectively as the RIM7 and of course doesn't remove the iron particles.

·
Premium Member
15,527 Posts
It's not really, because you don't spray Iron-X onto dirty wheels (or at least I don't), you clean the rims first and then apply to remove the brake dust. I don't know how purple rain etc work as I've not tried them. This is a PH Neutral 'wheel cleaner'. It takes a bloody good wheel cleaner to spray on and just rinse off with no agitation! I'm a big fan of the Bilberry, and that works nowhere near as effectively as the RIM7 and of course doesn't remove the iron particles.
Sorry matt, my fault not reading your thread properly that it was an all in one product. Your right with ironx, i swear by it but used after a wheel clean to clean and remove iron particles even further. I have bilberry but wasnt that impressed tbh, so may give it a go. i bought scholl polishes recently after reading great reviews so the wheel cleaner like you say should be top quality. Wayne

·
haterz gonna hate
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How do you think this compares to Wolfs Brake Duster?
Appears to do exactly the same.
I dont clean the wheels either before applying Wolfs BD and it removes everything
I reckon it's stronger mate. I have come to the conclusion that Wolf's is very weak compared to the competition.

As I was testing this product, I also did a wheel where I rinsed it first, this was what I found and it reacted within 30 seconds - I find Wolf's takes 5mins to get anything like this. Iron-X is like this within seconds.

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
cant beat a good old spot of Rim 7....was the first (i think) to use this over here and blew me away immediately....I buy it in 5lt bottles and use it on ALL details and the odd maintenance job....its not cheap but it does the job in hand....many a time I had been cleaning, brushing, cleaning brushing....you get the jist....now I just spray, wait and rinse....sometimes though the wheels I come across are a bit far gone and need a little agitation....if you get te chance to try some do so....

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
Repeat after me:
I will ignore this product and not be tempted to buy any!

·
FESTOOLIGAN
4,166 Posts
Repeat after me:
Just bought mine :p

·
haterz gonna hate
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I demo'd this at a Ford RS owners meet at Shinearama today actually, and did a direct comparison against Iron-X, the results were the same tbh! The Rim7 does away with needing Bilberry and such, and of course the Iron-X is the more versatile as it can be used on bodywork. As far as wheel cleaners go, this is probably the best one out there, and as far as iron removal goes, the Iron-X is still the best imo.

The versus comparison went down a storm today! The Brake Duster didn't even get a look in...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.