2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does HFT have an antenna or do we just rely on the one in the phone?

I kinda think not so I am considering a separate one, maybe one of these tax disk ones or something. The cradle I have for my Nokia 6021 has a cable on the bottom for an external antenna.

Has anyone else done this?

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
No, no, hang on Parky, I think I know what pjelsworth means :confused:-

Older-gen Nokias used to come with a socket at the back to plug in an external antenna when the phone was cradle-mounted, I think some cradles incorporated an extra antenna for improved reception in a vehicle :confused:

Anyway, my 2 year-old Nokia smartphone no longer has an extra antenna jack, maybe onboard antenna technology has improved :confused: (again)-

Maxbert

·
Registered
336 Posts
The specific question was 'Does the HFT have an antenna'.

Which to me sound like he wanted to link the phone via Bluetooth to the HFT and for the HFT to send a signal to the phone network. As you can imagine this is not possible.

If all that is required is an external antenna then maybe it can be provided by the cradle as you suggested. It can't be done via the HFT as it does not have an antenna for phone network communications.

Ian

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
BUT - adding an antena to the cradle, and therefore in effect, adding it to the phone, should indeed increase the reception of the phone itself.

Very true that this isn't adding an ariel to the HFT, but it should help :)

Having said that, it obviously requires the external connector on the (rear) of the phone to be there, to plug into the socket on the cradle :)

And I've no idea if (or where from) it would need power :(

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Parky, you are right. In retrospect it was a bit of a dumb question as to whether the car had an antenna.
Anyway, I believe that most new Nokias incorporate an external antenna connection in the plug at the bottom (mine certainly does as I had it hard-wired into my previous car and the installation guy told me) so I will buy a tax disc antenna.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts