2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, anyone got any suggestions for anti roll bar links? I've recently had tried the Meyle HD links but I've found an issue with them. You can tighten them up, but if you need to take them off, its near impossible i.e. when unscrewing the back part of link spins. Any suggestions as I've had to bin these?

Tar, Stuart.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
they have spanner flats on them to tighten and loosen!!!
Hi, thanks for the reply. Even using the flats (not totally flat as they have a slight curve) on the back with a 17mm spanner it would not tighten up, so tried to back it off. The 17mm would slip off, I believe grease was being released as well. Didn't get that on the eBay specials, they tightened and released.

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Got a set of the Meyle HD links on the side ready to fit some time later this week. They better work! Might brake out the impact gun if they refuse to tighten :D

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Haven't checked my droplinks for tightness but I know exactly what loose/worn ones feel and my car's been solid over all surfaces since...

+ for the Meyle HD ones too!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I used these type of washers on drop links you don't have to over tighten them never come loose. View attachment 325408 ,
Did think about that myself, but in the end it was the thread on one side of the link. That's why I couldn't tighten it up correctly. The other side of the link was fine. So I purchased some standard links, took 10 mins to replace them 👍

1 - 12 of 12 Posts