2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,*

Just a quick one really, I recently had a knock noise from the front and Honda changed the top of the shock absorber under warranty.*
Noise was eliminated but on certain bumps and holes in our fantastic UK roads I get a slight 'pop' noise, it doesn't sound metallic and isn't extremely loud and also only does it at certain times.
I've pulled on the drop links but no noise and pushed down on the car with no noises again. Could it just be trim noise or does it sound like bushes etc?

Thanks for your time and any input would be great as you all know bow helpful our Honda dealers can be...

Daniel

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
i have the same problem really i dont know what it is but friyday i am gonna have word with mechanic .
i will post here if i know anything.

·
more torque than the mrs
6,756 Posts
you say they changed the top strut mount did they replace the bump stops,
these are very common and the sound you describe is what most on this forum complain about use the search and type bump stops.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi Deni..

Car was in today and they have agreed to change the whole shock so hopefully this will help, I also reported a Creaking when turning the steering wheel to full lock which they think may be connected so here's hoping...

Thanks for the help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts