2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
The Ginga Ninga
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fitted mr bozo's excellent mirror closing box at the weekend.
While I was at it I fitted puddle lights, footwell lights and the window closer so the windows shut when the car is locked.

Works well so I was wondering if there was demand for a kit to be made up & sold in the traders section?

It's quite a job & means running wires into each door & either some soldering or I can do it with connector blocks & scotchlocks.

Can be wired in with mr bozo's mirror box as well

What does everyone think?

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Sounds good to me.

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
depends on how much they'd cost really? you can already get these boxes on ebay for £15 delivered I've seen.

Nice idea though ;)

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
I'd be interested in a "kit" for a 5-door (4 closures) ...

·
Peanut butter and Jelly
327 Posts
+1

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Also interested in a 4 window closure system

·
The Ginga Ninga
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's true, in fact it's the first 1 I have fitted in mine.
However I'm trying to make a complete kit Inc wiring looms & connections to make it possible for anyone to fit this. Therefore saving themselves 2-3 hours labour. So while the box may be 12-18 quid the full kit isn't.

I was only posting to gauge interest, I still need to price the other parts to see if this is poss

Colin

·
9,228 Posts
That's true, in fact it's the first 1 I have fitted in mine. However I'm trying to make a complete kit inc. wiring looms & connections to make it possible for anyone to fit this. Therefore saving themselves 2-3 hours labour. So while the box may be 12-18 quid the full kit isn't. I was only posting to gauge interest, I still need to price the other parts to see if this is possible. Colin
Well, I'd indeed be interested in a system tailored specifically to the Civic - one that could close 2 or 4 windows ...

Do it :cool: ...

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
Thats true, nice idea from you, wasn't intending to come across abrupt ;)

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
How easy would your 4door system be? i dont think i have the stamina to work on my cars for 3hours, im more of a plug n play person

·
I drive my Mistress...
874 Posts
I want one for the 2 door!!!

Sctrpop used Tapatalk to post this!!

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
i would love my windows to close automaticly but still i am against any modification soldering runing wires messing with the doors
i wish this was a factory fited thing shame :(

·
9,228 Posts
Did anyone have any luck with a 4 window closure system, still trying to find one thats simple enough to fit.
I'd really like one as well - I thought someone like [Bog] or [MrBozo] would have one by now ...

I would love my windows to close automatically but still I am against any modification soldering runing wires messing with the doors. I wish this was a factory fitted thing shame. :(
I wouldn't worry about installation - it would just be a module installed inside the driver's door, and could be fitted with screwed connectors ...

If it's be anything like my new automatic door window folding unit, it'll be a complete "doddle" to do ...

·
The Ginga Ninga
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The main reason why I didn't go any further with this was it gets a bit involved.
It means running cables into each door, cutting the window motor wires & connecting other wires to them, & removing the steering cowling & connecting wires in there also.
Due to the cables through the doors, this means 90% of the connections can't be made before its put in the car.
So it kinda puts the kybosh on a pre made kit

·
9,228 Posts
The main reason why I didn't go any further with this was it gets a bit involved. It means running cables into each door, cutting the window motor wires & connecting other wires to them, & removing the steering cowling & connecting wires in there also. Due to the cables through the doors, this means 90% of the connections can't be made before its put in the car. So it kinda puts the kybosh on a pre made kit
Oh ? - as all the power windows are cabled to the driver's door, where the central locking is as well, I'd assumed that (like the auto folding mirrors) it would only need some kind of localised relay \ control logic box ...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts