2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2012 civic, just bought a reader as when I've started my car a few times lately I've had 3 warnings come up, turned car off, and they dissappear. Someone said possibly a huw sensor fault... I've enclosed some pics of the faults it had stored.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
You probably need a new abs sensor. Have you cleared the faults to see if they come back again?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You probably need a new abs sensor. Have you cleared the faults to see if they come back again?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Hi, yeah I've cleared the faults, I'll see what happens, the car, touch wood is still driving fine and you know what they say..... If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

·
Super Moderator
4,137 Posts
The first 2 definitely point to the driver's side rear ABS sensor.
A known regular issue with the 8G and since 9G isn't much different, same issue exists.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The first 2 definitely point to the driver's side rear ABS sensor.
A known regular issue with the 8G and since 9G isn't much different, same issue exists.
Thanks, this is what I've been reading, any recommendations on where to buy one and is it a DIY job or get it done professionally?

·
Super Moderator
4,137 Posts
It is DIY if you are handy with tools.
It sits behind the brake disc:

Number 9 in the diagram. Don't use the parts numbers as this is set for FN2 TypeR but at least you know what to look for and what Honda charge(!)
Many available on ebay or online car parts sites at various prices much lower than this.

I had mine done recently at an F1 Autocentre and they used one by Bremi (?), total bill was £136 or so

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It is DIY if you are handy with tools.
It sits behind the brake disc:

Number 9 in the diagram. Don't use the parts numbers as this is set for FN2 TypeR but at least you know what to look for and what Honda charge(!)
Many available on ebay or online car parts sites at various prices much lower than this.

I had mine done recently at an F1 Autocentre and they used one by Bremi (?), total bill was £136 or so
Thanks for the advice 😁

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
I replaced o/sr sensor on my mk9 recently, got it from Cox Honda delivered for around £45.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Do you have the link please and was it easy (ish) to fit yourself?
Sorry, don't have link. I emailed them with registration. The sensor snapped flush with the hub so I had to take caliper and disk off and knock it out from the front (there's a hole in flange that you can get through)

·
Super Moderator
4,137 Posts
Maybe the 9G you bought was just the sensor and not the entire wiring loom that goes with it?

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Maybe the 9G you bought was just the sensor and not the entire wiring loom that goes with it?
Most car abs sensors only have a couple of feet of cable. I got one off ebay for £18 but it was the wrong electrical connector.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts