2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi chaps, does anybody know the average price of a new condenser for the air conditioning?
can you buy the refurbed?

Neil

·
Administrator
17,932 Posts
Mine incl drier was over £100 inc VAT from our local auto factors, my AC guy ordered it.

I vaguely recall the Eurocarparts had two available for my car, with and without drier. Average was around £100.

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Mine incl drier was over £100 inc VAT from our local auto factors, my AC guy ordered it.

I vaguely recall the Eurocarparts had two available for my car, with and without drier. Average was around £100.

Think your mate one was 90 odd the other was 200

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks guys, i got my air con regassed and changed the relay a fortnight ago £29 no leaks were noted, (Astons Melton Mowbray) and it was working perfect until yesterday, it is clicking in and the air con fan starts up but no cold air, ive got it booked in again next tuesday for them to do a detailed diagnostics and bless them they are charging me another £47 for the pleasure,
My mate a mechanic who looks after my car said it will probably be a service part or the condenser,
ill await the outcome.
cheers chaps

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
Thanks guys, i got my air con regassed and changed the relay a fortnight ago £29 no leaks were noted, (Astons Melton Mowbray) and it was working perfect until yesterday, it is clicking in and the air con fan starts up but no cold air, ive got it booked in again next tuesday for them to do a detailed diagnostics and bless them they are charging me another £47 for the pleasure,
My mate a mechanic who looks after my car said it will probably be a service part or the condenser,
ill await the outcome.
cheers chaps
Is the actual compressor running? you can easily hear it. Sometimes the compressor clutch gets stuck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts