2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondered has any one fitted the camera as a extra?
Wondered how hard it was and how much it cost?

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
I have been looking at alternatives (I hope to soon get an ES), ebay have quite a few different systems, the one I quite like the look of is a wireless version.
The camera connects to the reversing lamps power, the monitor can be mounted on the dashboard or the sun visor and connects to the cigarette lighter. Wireless connection between camera and monitor means no cables from front to back. Cost is around £100.
Another version that seems interesting is the LCD inside the rear view mirror. The LCD is switched on (using power via the reversing switch) to show the picture from the camera. Some versions have input for DVDs too.
This assumes you don't have the EX version, so there is no existing monitor in the dashboard.

Cheers,

Terry

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do have the ex version, so i have the screen already.
I would have thought the wiring was already in the boot area
Just fitting the camera?

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
I do have the ex version, so i have the screen already.
I would have thought the wiring was already in the boot area
Just fitting the camera?

The wiring is not installed as part of the standard loom it comes as part of the fitting kit and it is a 3 hour job for an experienced auto spark or so I am told. As Maldax says look at Stef's post.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The wiring is not installed as part of the standard loom it comes as part of the fitting kit and it is a 3 hour job for an experienced auto spark or so I am told. As Maldax says look at Stef's post.
Fair enough i think i will forget that.
Thought Honda might have had the wiring in place but not fitted the camera only

1 - 6 of 6 Posts