2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Definately Female!
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if any of you had thought about getting an option fitted but didnt and now regret it!

I had the fog lights and parking sensors fitted and after a lot of thought decided against the leather (too hot in summer and slippery for the kids). But having only done 2500 miles my seats are looking really tatty, the suede like material is crushed in different directions and flat looking, its hard work trying to keep it looking clean as every little bit sticks to it so now I am really regretiing not getting the leather option added :?

·
Registered
382 Posts
I'm with you on the leather, especially as some reckon it prevents the 10000 volt electric shocks when getting out.

Also wish I'd gone for the parking sensors or rear-view camera due to the visibility.

However, I am still really happy with the car overall, so no real regrets

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm not sure yet about an option I do want, what I am dissapointed with was my option of having the front and rear bump strips fitted without looking at them first. I'm not sure they are of practical use unless another civic with bump strips bumps me. The side ones are great though (I hope I don't have to test them).

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
I wish I had Fog Lights but I was on a tight budget for the car and still can't warrant the price for the practibility of them (I live in the middle of a city centre; have only seen even semi-thick fog once in the last 2 years)

I wish I'd had the EX for the Satnav and stuff; but see above for my reasons.

The only thing I'd love is the aux-in, and the best thing I've done is changing my speakers!

·
Onto my second Civic
469 Posts
I'm seriously thinking about getting front fog lights fitted. I passed on these as I saw no practical advantage in having them: my last car had front fog lights and I used them once in three years. However, I now reckon the front of the car look incomplete without them. I may ask the dealer for a quote as early as tomorrow.

I'm still thinking about the side protectors but my initial opinion that they're overpriced and don't look right remains.

Apart from that everything's fine, apart from the scratched dash I'm going to ask the dealer to replace. What I thought were greasy marks are actually scratches.

I note a couple of people discussing the leather trim; believe me, for £800 it's well worth it. The leather is outstanding, it adds class to the interior in spades, looks pristine at all times, and you get heated front seats included. I think it's one of the more reasonably priced additions.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I do regret that I did not ordered civic 1.8 petrol in Sport spec instead of 1.8 petrol in Comfort spec (spec available in Belgium). When making order I estimated my budget would be good for that lower spec. But due to a production delay (14 weeks ) now I could afford that better equiped spec. I did not want to reorder a car as it would make me wait much longer.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Hi stu, have a look in 'Gallery' at 'Adding to the Bluish Silver' by Bassa. He had his velour replaced by www.transformleather.co.uk

I'm very likely getting mine done. I will stick to black leather but with dark red contrasting stitching.

You can see pictures of the interior in 'Introduce Yourself' 'Civic Duty' by Bassa.

Brilliant job, but the seats are not heated.

Al. :lol:

ps: you've started me off again now; I've asked them for price and install details. :wink:

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
JB75 said:
I'm seriously thinking about getting front fog lights fitted. I passed on these as I saw no practical advantage in having them: my last car had front fog lights and I used them once in three years. However, I now reckon the front of the car look incomplete without them. I may ask the dealer for a quote as early as tomorrow.
£350 from my dealer if this helps.

Do we know how much the leather seats cost? Too much for me probably!

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
allan40alt said:
I've asked them to quote me. I'm thinking £1200-ish.
I was thinking around the £1k mark; which at the moment is definitely out of my price range! A payrise is needed I think! :D

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
I've just had another read of Bassa's earlier report and the cost looks more like £1500. Your local dealer removes the seats, door panel, armrests etc, and Transform Leather collect from them. TL do the work and return them to the dealer for you to collect with a grin from ear to ear. :D No doubt TL pay the dealer for their work.

I have to say Bassa's result is ace, but I'm thinking that £1500 could go towards a new Civic in 2 years, or so, and I could order that one with leather from new. Hmm, what to do :?:

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Regrets, image pack or rear spoiler, maybe Storms. Glass roof, but not available on EX in Jan when ordered.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have some regrets with the color, nighthawk black. It's going to be searing hot in summer and a bitch to clean in winter. Also, the choice made me have to wait 'till October to get the car.

On the other hand, since it's the EX, the black glass roof probably looks best in a black car. With other colors the roof kind of sticks out IMO.

·
Registered
75 Posts
my only regret is letting some muppet in a motorhome scrape the side. other than that, perfect choice (for me at least). 12000 miles in just over 2 months, going great. I think the 500 quid concert pack could have been better spent after-market I suppose.

·
Registered
345 Posts
My only regret is that I did not order sooner, the wait until October is awful. :(

Velocity :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Leather update: Transform Leather said they can deal direct with us but they would need the car for a day to do the install and they cannot offer a loan car. The approx cost would be £890-00 + VAT for the seats and centre armrest, or £985-00 + VAT for the door panels as well. That was based on my choice of black with contrasting stitching (I thought Red but Silver may be better). Al.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts